Contract question

I have a very basic question. Am I allowed to sign a Letter of INtent and still back out of a job if I receive a better opportunity before I sign the actual contract agreement?

Also, should I ask for at least a few weeks of vacation the first year since none was offered in the initial offer.

Thanks in advance. I will try to google this more today but I figured any help on the forum would also be appreciated :)

X

I have a very basic question. Am I allowed to sign a Letter of INtent and still back out of a job if I receive a better opportunity before I sign the actual contract agreement?

Also, should I ask for at least a few weeks of vacation the first year since none was offered in the initial offer.

Thanks in advance. I will try to google this more today but I figured any help on the forum would also be appreciated :)

X

Yes you can back out of a letter of intent legally. However be warned that this basically means you are going against your word and will be treated as such by that employer and anyone they can influence. If you are in the same area be careful as to how you back out so you don't burn your bridges too bad.

Yes you can back out of a letter of intent legally. However be warned that this basically means you are going against your word and will be treated as such by that employer and anyone they can influence. If you are in the same area be careful as to how you back out so you don't burn your bridges too bad.

Archived