Help with choosing an online bachelors degree program

Hello everyone,

I am currently preparing myself to apply to PA school in a few years. I am currently a paramedic and have an associate degree in paramedic technology. I am looking at different paths to work towards a bachelor degree and I am looking for any input or advice.

I currently have 98 credits split between two community colleges and one university. The majority of the credits (76) are from one community college.

From my research the best option I have found is a Bachelor of Science in Paramedic Care from Northern Arizona University. I have contacted the university and am waiting to see how my credits will transfer.

Does anyone have any experience with this online program?

Does anyone know of any other programs I should look into?

Other possibly pertinent information about myself:

A few classes specific to PA admission prereqs I have completed are:

-Microbiology

-Chemistry 1

-A&P I

-A&P II

I know I will likely need to take at a minimum:

-Statistics

-Chemistry 2

-Organic Chemistry I

Experience:

-2000 hours as an EMT-B

-200 hours as a Paramedic (I expect to have much more by the time I am ready to apply)

-950 clinical hours as a paramedic student (although it seems most schools don't let you count many of these hours)

GPA:

~3.6, have not yet calculated it through caspa (3.9 for the last 70 hours)

Thank you in advance for any possible help or guidance.

Don't Worry about getting your BS in a specific area, just get one. Once you have it, then worry about the prerequisite classes. Many schools want them within a certain time period.

Emergency management, health sciences, education, health administration, or even a paramedic to RN. Most of these programs will be cake for you. Tons of online or blended programs out there.

Thanks for the reply. I had read that what the degree is in doesn't matter. I looked for an online medic to rn degree but all I found was for associate to associate degree.

I guess to summarize my question, have any past paramedics with an associates degree gone through an online bachelors program? If so which one and would you recommend it.

Thanks for the reply. I had read that what the degree is in doesn't matter. I looked for an online medic to rn degree but all I found was for associate to associate degree.

I guess to summarize my question, have any past paramedics with an associates degree gone through an online bachelors program? If so which one and would you recommend it.

I completed an online BS in allied health at YSU, took roughly 30 credits on top of my AAS of EMS.  I would look for the most fiscally responsible route to a BS degree.  There are many online BS programs across the country for people with AAS degrees, respiratory therapist, dental hygienist, EMS etc.  I completed any missing core science classes (the ones with required labs) at the least expensive local community college.  As others have stated the type of BS degree is irrelevant.  

Archived