Hnrbl. Discharge from AF active duty, city and state student.

I can barely decipher this. If I can try and summarize: You have a 2.9 GPA and are try to get that changed by your school because you don't like it. You haven't taken or scheduled the GRE yet. You served active duty about 5ish years and believe that will get you in. You want to go to Stanford.

A. Barely legible post. Not a good look.

B. You don't like your grades and instead of saying there was an administrative error or taking responsibility for your work, you're going to "get those girls hustlin".

C. I'm not impressed. Military service is a bonus, not a guarantee for admission. If this is how you represent yourself, pop your head out of your six and look around this site. This comes off like you need either a major dose of reality or humility. Maybe a touch of both.

I agree with the above post. Sounds a bit over-confident, without the gpa to Back it up. PA school is difficult to get into. Some straight A students don't get in their first time. Take responsibility, and retake anything you got a C or below in. Do not write your personal statement in the manner you wrote this post.. couldn't really understand what you were saying. Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was this guy one time who showed up to Navy SEAL training with a tympanostomy and severe exercise-induced asthma, meaning he was unable to either swim or exercise.  But his dad was an admiral or something, so there he was.

Nearly all schools have a writing sample during the interview, because writing and documentation are important skills.

Hard to get in and that's not the hardest part. The schools want a high degree of certainty whether a candidate can stay in (I wasn't in the Army because I was an academic prodigy either!) Agree that it can be plus but you need to really wow them at the interview and show you are special if you have marginal grades. We had a short essay and a standardized critical thinking exam that was a surprise, mock PBL, individual and group interviews. A lot of opportunities to demonstrate your deficiencies.

Probably others have had a similar situation where I had a couple people I thought they might put in a word for once in a program (really not a ton that can be done anyways) and then sort of disabused myself of the idea once I saw what it was like in person. I really didn't think any of them would be able to hack it and thought that would come out in the interview anyways.

Archived