Having trouble finding people to shadow.

Guest carolanimal

It was really hard for me to find a PA to let me shadow them also. I finally found one after asking my dad to ask around (hospital chaplain) and she was really great. BTW don't let the negative attitude of some PA's get you down. I had some really negative experiences with 1 or 2 PAs in the ER I volunteered at who hated their jobs but this is not the case across the board. PA school is different for everyone so don't let one person's attitude deter you if this is what you want to do. I would advise you to completely understand what a PA is and does esp. in the state you will practice in so that you know exactly what you are getting into.

It was really hard for me to find a PA to let me shadow them also. I finally found one after asking my dad to ask around (hospital chaplain) and she was really great. BTW don't let the negative attitude of some PA's get you down. I had some really negative experiences with 1 or 2 PAs in the ER I volunteered at who hated their jobs but this is not the case across the board. PA school is different for everyone so don't let one person's attitude deter you if this is what you want to do. I would advise you to completely understand what a PA is and does esp. in the state you will practice in so that you know exactly what you are getting into.

Neither of the PAs in my area on the PA shadow website have dates that are available. So annoyed right now.

Don't give up, that was me like a month ago with the PASO site too, and now I'm shadowing a PA that was on there without listed available dates. Sometimes the PAs don't have the time to update the website or they sign up and don't know they're supposed to list dates that are free. The latter was true of the PA I shadow right now. If you have facebook, go onto the PASO page on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Physician-Assistant-Shadow-Online/120215664734797. Write a post to let the creator of PASO (James, a PA that's SUPER nice) know that you can't reach the two PAs in your area, could he help you out a bit. He helped me and my friend out by connecting us directly to the PAs in our area, we both had hit dead ends with our state PA association as well and had even resorted to cold-calling PAs in the area. He's a bit busy though, I think he's a neuro/trauma PA, so it might take awhile to reply, but he usually will find some way to help you out a bit. Good luck! :)

Neither of the PAs in my area on the PA shadow website have dates that are available. So annoyed right now.

Don't give up, that was me like a month ago with the PASO site too, and now I'm shadowing a PA that was on there without listed available dates. Sometimes the PAs don't have the time to update the website or they sign up and don't know they're supposed to list dates that are free. The latter was true of the PA I shadow right now. If you have facebook, go onto the PASO page on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Physician-Assistant-Shadow-Online/120215664734797. Write a post to let the creator of PASO (James, a PA that's SUPER nice) know that you can't reach the two PAs in your area, could he help you out a bit. He helped me and my friend out by connecting us directly to the PAs in our area, we both had hit dead ends with our state PA association as well and had even resorted to cold-calling PAs in the area. He's a bit busy though, I think he's a neuro/trauma PA, so it might take awhile to reply, but he usually will find some way to help you out a bit. Good luck! :)

Archived