Accepted Students 2017- Class of 2019

Sounds good. I'll introduce myself, I'm Nancy, I'm an Air Force vet. I was an RT in the Air Force, still am. I got out of the military and finished my Bachelors in Biology at St Mary's university in Texas, currently living In western New York, about 3 hours from school, working as an RT, and way too excited to start school in the fall.

What about you guys?

Nice to meet you Nancy!! My name is Klaudia Konopka. I'm 24, graduated from UMass Amherst in 2015 with a Dual Bachelors in Biology and Psychology on the neuroscience track. I'm currently working as a PCC in MRI and as a Psych tech in an Eating Disorder Clinic. I live in CT, about 4.5 hours from LeMoyne. I'm so excited too- for the program and to meet all of you!

Does anyone have recommendations on loans/scholarships/places to live? 

Also, who wants to start a FB group?

I'm also looking online at apartments. I'm going to live alone though, too many years sharing space in the military, I've learned it is hit or miss with roommates, and I don't want the potential stress if it is a bad match.

I've seen several reasonably priced apartments near the school, but I'm worried about whether they are safe! I don't want to live somewhere far from campus...but security is more important to me than convenience!!

Hey everyone. My name is Larry Becht. I'm from Long Island, New York and am 27 years old. I graduated from Binghamton University with a bachelors degree in integrative nueroscience in 2013. I currently work as a patient transporter at a hospital. I will be moving up to Syracuse this summer with my girlfriend and hoping to get some guidance from first year students on where to live. I'm looking forward to the program and meeting all of you!

Hi Larry! Nice to meet you and Klaudia online!

What are you guys doing to prep for school? I'm brushing up on medical terminology, also researching note taking type things.

All through undergrad I LOVED paper notebooks and my livescribe pen...but I'm not sure that will be efficient for pa school....I'm thinking iPad Pro and notability any of you guys have any experience with tech for note taking?

Hello everyone! Congrats on the acceptances and thanks for making this thread!! My name's Lisha, I'm 28 years old, live in NJ, and currently work as a phlebotomist at valley hospital. I graduated from Philadelphia university with a bachelors in biology. Wish everyone the best with the transition to grad school and can't wait to meet you all in a few months!

Hello everyone... My name is Brock I am from UT and I am 26 years old. I currently work as a Optometric Technician. I graduated from Utah State University with my bachelor's in Human Movement Sciences with a emphasis in Exercise Science. I am excited to meet you all and get to know you this coming August! Congrats everyone!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Rock your major sounds really interesting. I wish my school had that as a choice when I was in undergrad. In regards to prepping for PA school, I think all of us are in the same boat in terms of being nervous. From people I spoke to in the field, Thry just told me to relax, take a vacation, spend time with family and close friends since you're going to be disappearing for two years, and take care of any health related things before school starts. Le Moyne will be assigning a medical terminology class/assignment/review over the summer so you will be fine with your medical terminology before school starts. As far as notetaking, I don't use a laptop. I can type much faster than I can write

Hey everyone!

How did you all get your acceptance? Email or snail mail? Still waiting to hear back from LeMoyne... and the fact that all of you already know that you're in makes me think that I wasn't accepted. Hopefully my acceptance is on it's way!! But just would like to know from you guys what form it's coming in :)

Hi guys.  I'm Carin and I'm assuming that I did not get in, as I have not received a call.  I'm popping into your thread, however, to offer to help advise anyone looking at apartments in the area.  I've worked EMS in Syracuse for 8 years and I am very familiar with the area and the various complexes.  Please feel free to ask me any specific questions about any place you're looking at, but I'll make a few suggestions.  Stay away from anything with a Syracuse address unless the listing says it is in the following neighborhoods:  Eastwood (can be a little trashy in spots but overall not bad), Sedgwick, Meadowbrook, or Strathmore.  Most of the suburbs are OK, though there are still a few specific complexes here and there that aren't very nice or safe even in the nicest of suburbs.  Downtown Syracuse is actually generally pretty safe overall as the buildings are usually access-controlled but you'd have to contend with traffic, bars (loud for when you're trying to study!), and lack of parking (or very expensive parking).

A very honest congratulations to all of you who did get in.  I had the pleasure of meeting a few of you on interview day.  I wish you the best of luck and please do let me know if you have any housing questions.

Hi Everyone! My name is Olivia. I am 22 and currently working as a Home Health Aide in Buffalo.  Congratulations on everyone who got accepted and good luck to those who are still waiting. The current students at the interview said the acceptance package has a list of recommended neighborhoods which should help with the apartment hunt. Look forward to hearing more from everyone.

I think he said they had a couple students in his class with iPads and it was just hard to keep up with the notes I guess... I guess complatability as well... But I don't know. That is why I am thinking surface pro cause it is a really good hybrid of a touch screen and a laptop

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I have a MacBook Air and I love how portable it it but I'm debating between getting a new one or a MacBook Pro for school....any clue if we need to use cd roms in class very often? MacBook Air doesn't have a cd drive, and I get annoyed with taking my portable one everywhere....it defeats the purpose of having a lightweight laptop in my opinion....

Congratulations! My name's Justin, graduated from UMASS Boston in 2015 B.S. Exercise & Health Science. Spent some time as an army medic and have worked various health and fitness related jobs. I stay as active as I can and its always good to get a group together with similar interests. This has been the end goal for sometime now, can't wait to get going on it!

I'm not familiar with Syracuse so any conversations on what to do and where to live would be great. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Archived