Have heard nothing back

I have not heard anything back from any of the cali schools so far touro, western,scu, and dominican. I messaged them in regards to updates on my application they said just put it on CASPA and that was it. Hearing nothing back basically means it is a silent rejection? I applied around July and it has been almost February already...

If it's been that many months (3-4 months), I feel it's worth making a call, unless their website gives a schedule and there is time to go before their scheduled interviews, etc.

They'll probably tell you that they're done with this cycle or what their schedule is, approximately.

Be nice. Nothing wrong with calling; you do have a life to plan.

Good luck!

They have thousands of applicants. They choose their top ones, make offers, and continue pulling until their class is 100% full. Don't necessarily think of it as a "silent rejection." Yesterday I got a call from a school that offered me an interview and I hadn't heard anything from them since I applied in late May. I know (based on this forum) that they have been interviewing since August. 

I've been there, and it is really frustrating to not hear anything. You'll either get a call late in the game (unlikely) or you will get an e-mail thanking you for applying when their class is full. I've been through the application process twice for a lot of schools and that's just the way it is. 

They have thousands of applicants. They choose their top ones, make offers, and continue pulling until their class is 100% full. Don't necessarily think of it as a "silent rejection." Yesterday I got a call from a school that offered me an interview and I hadn't heard anything from them since I applied in late May. I know (based on this forum) that they have been interviewing since August. 

I've been there, and it is really frustrating to not hear anything. You'll either get a call late in the game (unlikely) or you will get an e-mail thanking you for applying when their class is full. I've been through the application process twice for a lot of schools and that's just the way it is. 

ah, pretty frustrating. 

couple of my friends I work with got interviews already from far away schools. One got in the program.

My other friend has a 2.9 gpa and got into pharmacy school in Cali. Happy for him. All my friends are moving on with their lives and I am the only one still stuck not doing anything with my life essentially. I just want to get the ball rolling and get working on my career. Kind of depressing and sad. I will basically have no friends anymore outside of work once they all get in. Feel like the high school senior who is getting held back while all his classmates graduated and moving on to better things lol.

I hear you. It can be easy to get caught up in what other people around you are doing. We've all been there in one way or another. There's the traditional advice of, "keep working on the application, refine the personal statement, etc." That's all fine and dandy, but it probably puts more pressure on applying than there need be. Instead, I'll suggest something new: look into some outdoor seasonal work. It's a great way to try something new, meet new people, and get some perspective and clarity on things. It need not be medically related. 

A good place to start. By all means not a comprehensive job board. 

http://www.backdoorjobs.com/

Food for thought. 

Archived