Which Residency Specialty Offers Most Procedural Responsibility

em docs have 4 more years of training than I do

md 4 college, 4 med school, 3 residency=11

me 4 college, 1 paramedic school, 2 pa school=7

I would disagree with the 4 years difference. There is only ~44 weeks between medical school (144 weeks) and PA school (100 weeks). So your education is more likely 3 years or a little less. I don't like when people say MD/DOs went to school for 4 years and PAs 2 years. Well they don't tell you that MD/DOs have summers off and more breaks than I did in PA school. I had 4 weeks off in my 24 month program (52 weeks/year x 2 = 104 - 4 weeks off = 100 weeks). So don't underestimate OUR education and how long we are actually in school. :)

• 6 months later...
On 1/28/2017 at 11:09 AM, Awbrodjr said:

Any other PAs out there taken advantage of a cards residency or ortho surg residency who can attest to an expansion of procedural responsibility in their field? Perhaps performing coronary angioplasties and/or stents, or independently performing one side of a bilateral ortho procedure.

I have heard of several PAs who have done angiography but implantation of stents no. 

Archived