Would taking one of these classes be worth it?

I am looking at taking a 3 credit Pathophysiology at a community college just as a refresher since I haven't taken a science class in over a year and I guess to have another science class on my transcript. But if it's not going to make much difference since it's only a CC class I'll look at taking an upper level bio at some university. Cost is a lot of the reason for taking the class at the community college. Plus I don't think I'd have time to apply and get registered before classes start at the university. I'll also be taking a med term course at the community college as well, if that makes a difference.

I loved my pathophysiology course in undergrad! I think it would look great as an additional course on your app as well as prepare you for the structure/organization of didactic year. When I took it my exam questions were all written as clinical vignettes, which is very similar to how my PA program writes our exam questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not certain why everyone bashes community colleges.  I went to one that gave me a superior education to my BA.  All of my instructors had PhD's, and loved teaching.  The pathophys and physiology class at the CC was taught by the exact same professor as the nearby med school, excellent courses that are making PA school less difficult.  

The patho class will help far more than the majority of biology, etc classes.  It was the basis of the 1st 2 quarters of my didactic year.  

Archived