Hi, I was curious if anyone knew specific rules or regulations regarding a PA owning their own clinic in New York; or what website has this detailed information?

If anyone has gone through this as well, that would be great.

I know PA owned cosmetic medi-spa's; but not so much medical clinics offering cosmetics. Thanks

• Upvote 1

For those PAs who own cosmetic medi-spas, I was hoping somebody who has successfully done so would let me know if it's feasible? My mom is an esthetician and that's something I'd like to open with her in the future...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hi

Did you find out more about PA owned practice in NY yet? I am also trying to go through the process now. The rules are very confusing in NYS... Not sure if anyone gone thru it yet?

https://issuu.com/paassist/docs/aapa_summary_of_physician_assistant_ownership

I am in family medicine and I have a supervising MD who is willing to partner up with me now. But both of us not sure how the partnership involving PA work in NYS.

would really appreciate any feedback if anyone had looked into more 

looked into it extensively about 7 years ago and there is regulations/rules on the books that specifically ban PA ownership -  Best do your homework and hire an attorney 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By IMGtoPA
      I called an accountant referred from a friend (who does not work in the medical field) and the CPA quoted me at ~700/month!! Wayy too much for my blood. Is this the going rate for having a good CPA on board? I've been working as a 1099 independent contractor over the past year and would like to have an accountant on board to help maximize my deductions.
      Anyone with tips to find someone/something more affordable?
    • By IMGtoPA
      Anyone know of a good place to get a part-time (not locum tenens) job? My current employer is willing to switch me from full-time to part-time if I do find another job, just to break it up and prevent burn-out. I've always wanted to do something like this but i feel like part-time jobs are few and far between.
    • By PArockstar
      Hello everyone, 
      i've made this page to start the discussion of CUNY's admission cycle.
      Feel free to post! 
    • By IMGtoPA
      I just accepted a new position as a 1099 independent contractor for a home-visit practice where I earn about $50/visit. I will be mostly mobile, traveling to private residences, ALF's, nursing homes, etc.
      My question is what are some of the things I need to keep track of for the 2018 year? I have researched online and found many things that independent contractors can use for tax deductions, but nothing specific for medical providers and physician assistants, in particular. Some of the obvious ones to me are:
      1. Car Mileage - I plan on keeping record of every route I take at work
      2. Supplies - things that the practice may not provide for that I would need for work
      3. CME - i'm assuming any type of conferences I plan on doing this year
      I have a credit card designated for these purchases. Things I am unsure about:
      A. Gas for car - I plan on keeping track of when I fill up; does this count?
      B. Car payment - one of my cars is paid off, my other one (which I won't be using majority of the time) still has payments on it but my wife drives it. Can I write these payments off as an expense?
      C. Meals at work - there will be times where I will be eating on the go; I will have a Medical Assistant and I'm assuming we will be discussing [some] work at our lunch. Can I deduct this as an expense?
      D. Licensing/Professional Organizations - Do these payments count towards deductions? What about a DEA license?
      Any other things that I have not thought of? I'm new to the 1099 game but I kind of like the idea. Also, my wife is a W2 employee, does that complicate things?
    • By HuntCo
      Hi everyone,
      I am hoping that someone will be able to point me in the direction of some hospitals or private practices that have preceptors who are willing to take PA students in the scottsdale, mesa, Glendale, chandler, Tempe, Gilbert, Phoenix area of Arizona. I am currently a first year PA student at Hofstra university in New York and we are getting ready for rotations this year. For my program, we are allowed to do two rotations out of state so I hoping to go to Arizona. However, we are responsible for finding the preceptor and giving the information to Hofstra. 
      I will be staying in Scottsdale but I am willing to drive!! 
      Any information will be helpful as I am not really sure where to begin looking or who to contact. 
      Thank you SO much in advance!!!
      Hunter 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More