If a Nurse Practitioner Student was asked the difference between NPs and PAs...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hubbardtim48

Never said that PAMAC...It is very very important, but RN, RT, OT, PT, AT, etc...clinical hours do not count toward clinical hours as a PA. That person was stating since a NP has to be an RN that his/her RN clinical hours and work experience as an RN count toward clinical hours for NP school, so it makes NP clinical hours more equal to PA clinical hours. That is totally false because RNs cannot prescribe, diagnosis, etc... Not even close, but they tried to become equal to the amount of clinical hours PAs gain during their schooling.

Guest hubbardtim48

I was lucky and blessed to go to a good RT school, but just stating to that person that other allied health schools are just as hard to get into as nursing school. It seemed like they were saying that nursing school was the only hard profession to get into. That is why I added that and the school wasn't that hard while I was in it, just a lot of time and effort put fourth to learn all the concepts. Who knew of ivy league RT schools! haha :) It's funny when you say it like that, but I was trying to prove a point. I did utilize the search function! :) YAY Timmy-BOY!!! :)

We might be building a friendship PAMAC...who ever knew....

Guest hubbardtim48

Well only my freinds call me Hubs...so if your are not my freind then you can't call me Hubs... HAHA.. I don't care if we are freinds or not, I just like to be civil and happy! :)

Archived