What are you learning now?

I confess to a curiosity about what my fellow PA students across the country are up to right now. I know a lot of you all have blogs and stuff, but I thought it would be fun to chat about the stuff we're learning.

I'm in the final stretch of the 3rd quarter, one week into the three-week pulmonary unit. Geriatrics and pediatrics continue to be interesting adjuncts. PE this week is the neuro exam, and we have a bulky, foul-smelling pharm test on Friday covering a lot of psych and endocrine drugs.

So... whatcha doin'? :)

I confess to a curiosity about what my fellow PA students across the country are up to right now. I know a lot of you all have blogs and stuff, but I thought it would be fun to chat about the stuff we're learning.

I'm in the final stretch of the 3rd quarter, one week into the three-week pulmonary unit. Geriatrics and pediatrics continue to be interesting adjuncts. PE this week is the neuro exam, and we have a bulky, foul-smelling pharm test on Friday covering a lot of psych and endocrine drugs.

So... whatcha doin'? :)

Pharm, physiology, clinical medicine, psychiatric principles, research, and immunology.

Currently learning:

Hypersensitivity reactions in immunology, way too many statistical things and writing a paper in research (gearing up for writing capstone project paper next quarter), eating disorders in psych, just finished a big test in Pharm (anti-anginals, arrhythmics, CHF drugs, anemia drugs, antithrombotics/-lytics, and CA drugs), onto female reproductive in physiology, and just finished male GU in clin med. It's never ending!

Pharm, physiology, clinical medicine, psychiatric principles, research, and immunology.

Currently learning:

Hypersensitivity reactions in immunology, way too many statistical things and writing a paper in research (gearing up for writing capstone project paper next quarter), eating disorders in psych, just finished a big test in Pharm (anti-anginals, arrhythmics, CHF drugs, anemia drugs, antithrombotics/-lytics, and CA drugs), onto female reproductive in physiology, and just finished male GU in clin med. It's never ending!

We had peds this afternoon. It was a 2.5 hour nephrology lecture... it seemed identical to the pediatric urology lecture we got two weeks ago in genmed. I suppose repetition is important, but I like the summary we got two weeks ago: everything causes kidney failure, and kidney failure causes everything.

We had peds this afternoon. It was a 2.5 hour nephrology lecture... it seemed identical to the pediatric urology lecture we got two weeks ago in genmed. I suppose repetition is important, but I like the summary we got two weeks ago: everything causes kidney failure, and kidney failure causes everything.

Hell week... we're finishing the quarter with fluids and electrolytes but have a cumulative pharm exam on Friday so no one is giving acid/base its due. End quarter exams are next week including our physical exam final: a head-to-toe PE on one of the actor patients. We received our preliminary clinical placements for our core rotations. Much excitement, and trading. I didn't see any tears, but our coordinator warned us there's no crying in PA school (in public, anyway).

Jealous of the finding out of the clinical placements....we don't find out until April, I believe (start them in June). I so am ready for the end of May...end of didactic year and break before clinicals!

We have a week and a half of finishing GI (in clin med, physiology, and Pharm) and then finals before quarter break...can't wait. We also all are doing our first male GU/DRE exams this week...so glad our first ones were on standardized patients and not "real" ones!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Archived