JOB TITLE/DESCRIPTION: White House Physician Assistant. Assists the White House Physicians in providing comprehensive health care to the President, Vice President and their families. Plans, coordinates and directs emergency action plans for medical contingencies including both on-site and remote assessment of medical capabilities at White House travel destinations worldwide. Provides acute care to military personnel assigned to the White House and occupational health services to members of the White House staff. Stands independent watch as on-site medical response officer for the President and Vice-President.

UNIT DESCRIPTION: Joint service unit solely responsible for the health of the President, Vice President and their families. Delivers operational, acute and emergency care services to over 2,200 military members assigned to Presidential support; 3,000 members of the Executive Office of the President; the U.S. Secret Service; and visitors to the White House.

REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCES: **REDACTED**

SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate will represent military medicine to the Nation's senior leaders on an international stage. They must have six years of active duty service, including a post-training utilization tour of a minimum of 3 years, and a demonstrated record of sustained clinical excellence, including a proven track record of exemplary interpersonal skills, maturity, integrity, and character. Nominees must be a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program, be certified by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and have experience in Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) principles­. Travel, often on short notice, is required: typically 2 to 4 days in duration and occurring 4 to 6 times per month; occasional trips may last 10 to 14 days. Nominees must meet Navy weight and physical fitness standards and be a non-smoker.

JOB TITLE/DESCRIPTION: White House Physician Assistant. Assists the White House Physicians in providing comprehensive health care to the President, Vice President and their families. Plans, coordinates and directs emergency action plans for medical contingencies including both on-site and remote assessment of medical capabilities at White House travel destinations worldwide. Provides acute care to military personnel assigned to the White House and occupational health services to members of the White House staff. Stands independent watch as on-site medical response officer for the President and Vice-President.

UNIT DESCRIPTION: Joint service unit solely responsible for the health of the President, Vice President and their families. Delivers operational, acute and emergency care services to over 2,200 military members assigned to Presidential support; 3,000 members of the Executive Office of the President; the U.S. Secret Service; and visitors to the White House.

REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCES: **REDACTED**

SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate will represent military medicine to the Nation's senior leaders on an international stage. They must have six years of active duty service, including a post-training utilization tour of a minimum of 3 years, and a demonstrated record of sustained clinical excellence, including a proven track record of exemplary interpersonal skills, maturity, integrity, and character. Nominees must be a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program, be certified by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and have experience in Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) principles­. Travel, often on short notice, is required: typically 2 to 4 days in duration and occurring 4 to 6 times per month; occasional trips may last 10 to 14 days. Nominees must meet Navy weight and physical fitness standards and be a non-smoker.

You have any more knowledge on this? I'd like to try for this later in my career, but this is the most I've ever seen regarding specific requirements. Thanks.

Everything else I know is anecdotal and/or not for public consumption...:wink:

This is a tough mission though for married Officers and Enlisted alike. You are always traveling and OOT. But that is the draw for most too because you go EVERYWHERE! Not sure how medicaly challenging it will be though...

Send me a pm for gouge.

You have any more knowledge on this? I'd like to try for this later in my career, but this is the most I've ever seen regarding specific requirements. Thanks.

Everything else I know is anecdotal and/or not for public consumption...:wink:

This is a tough mission though for married Officers and Enlisted alike. You are always traveling and OOT. But that is the draw for most too because you go EVERYWHERE! Not sure how medicaly challenging it will be though...

Send me a pm for gouge.

A classmate of mine was part of the WHMU. You are right Navy PA-C is is tough on a married officer. He was single so it was a great gig.

LesH

The geat part is that the WHMU added another 2 PA positions because they realize just how invaluable we are to that mission. I know it is ambitious but could you imagine an O-6 PA being selected to command the WHMU. That position btw for those that don't know is a Flag position.

:=D:

Also Les, did you get my pm?

A classmate of mine was part of the WHMU. You are right Navy PA-C is is tough on a married officer. He was single so it was a great gig.

LesH

The geat part is that the WHMU added another 2 PA positions because they realize just how invaluable we are to that mission. I know it is ambitious but could you imagine an O-6 PA being selected to command the WHMU. That position btw for those that don't know is a Flag position.

:=D:

Also Les, did you get my pm?

Archived