Anyone taken the NEW GRE?

Hi,

I plan to take the new GRE in Feb and I was wondering if anyone has taken the new and improved GRE and can give feedback on the level of difficulty of the test overall, is it better now that a calculator can be used, difficulty of verbal and math questions, what types of math questions showed up on the test and also if anyone took the new GRE which provides a score between 130-170 and applied to PA school for the entering 2012 class, what score range were schools accepting/not accepting? Thanks very much for any feedback:=D:

Hi,

I plan to take the new GRE in Feb and I was wondering if anyone has taken the new and improved GRE and can give feedback on the level of difficulty of the test overall, is it better now that a calculator can be used, difficulty of verbal and math questions, what types of math questions showed up on the test and also if anyone took the new GRE which provides a score between 130-170 and applied to PA school for the entering 2012 class, what score range were schools accepting/not accepting? Thanks very much for any feedback:=D:

I took the Gres in 2004 before grad school......

I took the gre's again in July (my scores were expired)...didnt like my score

And then I took the new Gres in Aug....

Unfortunately, the GRE website is down so I could not log in to see my scores and give you that information.... but I posted in an older thread this info: "148 & 145 you dont have a total of 1000. A 148 is roughly a 590 on the old scale (44% below) and a 145 is roughly a 360/370 (which will put you at 20% below).".........

Actually correction...the site is now up......I applied to the 2012 cycle.....I got a 149 on verbal which had 42% below.....a 152 on verbal which had 61% below.....and 4.0 writing which had 48% below. Look at the % below and you can compare the new scores to the old scores.

I think if I am doing the calculations correct a 149= about a 600 and a 152 is about a 650.....regardless, I am not totally sure on the calculations for the conversion however, I got a 149 on the verbal...a 152 on the math and got 5 interviews and so far have been accepted to 2 schools and still have 2 interviews to attend

The content is pretty much exactly the same. The difference is less questions per section....but more sections....but the best part is that you can skip around and go back. You can do the questions that you find easier and then save the harder questions for last if you still have time......

I took the Gres in 2004 before grad school......

I took the gre's again in July (my scores were expired)...didnt like my score

And then I took the new Gres in Aug....

Unfortunately, the GRE website is down so I could not log in to see my scores and give you that information.... but I posted in an older thread this info: "148 & 145 you dont have a total of 1000. A 148 is roughly a 590 on the old scale (44% below) and a 145 is roughly a 360/370 (which will put you at 20% below).".........

Actually correction...the site is now up......I applied to the 2012 cycle.....I got a 149 on verbal which had 42% below.....a 152 on verbal which had 61% below.....and 4.0 writing which had 48% below. Look at the % below and you can compare the new scores to the old scores.

I think if I am doing the calculations correct a 149= about a 600 and a 152 is about a 650.....regardless, I am not totally sure on the calculations for the conversion however, I got a 149 on the verbal...a 152 on the math and got 5 interviews and so far have been accepted to 2 schools and still have 2 interviews to attend

The content is pretty much exactly the same. The difference is less questions per section....but more sections....but the best part is that you can skip around and go back. You can do the questions that you find easier and then save the harder questions for last if you still have time......

Archived