MEDEX MCHS 2014 Grad School Acceptances?

Hi All,

To those of you who have accepted a seat to MEDEX MCHS class of 2014: have you sent your official transcripts to the Grad School? I'm a little confused regarding when this needs to happen. Is it after the formal acceptance by MEDEX, or, after the formal acceptance by the GRAD SCHOOL? I initially thought it was after the formal acceptance by MEDEX so I emailed the Grad Office back in early December (after I submitted my electronic application with transcript pdfs) to confirm their mailing address and their reply was, "You should not send paper copies of your transcripts at this time. Your department instructions also do not ask that you send any materials to our office, thank you."

I've since emailed them back requesting clarification of that statement (since our dept instructions actually say that we DO need to send these materials to them) and they've never responded. I just emailed Mariah for clarification but got the auto-response. I know everyone is slammed up there. I just want to make sure the hard copy transcripts don't need to be there by the Feb. 15 deadline for the grad school.

If anyone has any insight, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Hi All,

To those of you who have accepted a seat to MEDEX MCHS class of 2014: have you sent your official transcripts to the Grad School? I'm a little confused regarding when this needs to happen. Is it after the formal acceptance by MEDEX, or, after the formal acceptance by the GRAD SCHOOL? I initially thought it was after the formal acceptance by MEDEX so I emailed the Grad Office back in early December (after I submitted my electronic application with transcript pdfs) to confirm their mailing address and their reply was, "You should not send paper copies of your transcripts at this time. Your department instructions also do not ask that you send any materials to our office, thank you."

I've since emailed them back requesting clarification of that statement (since our dept instructions actually say that we DO need to send these materials to them) and they've never responded. I just emailed Mariah for clarification but got the auto-response. I know everyone is slammed up there. I just want to make sure the hard copy transcripts don't need to be there by the Feb. 15 deadline for the grad school.

If anyone has any insight, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I just got a message from Mariah, possibly you all have too, but just in case you didn't and have been as confused as I have been, here is the msg:

Hello! I know that many of you are completing or have already completed the University of Washington Graduate School Application. We have noticed that there has been a significant amount of confusion regarding the application status and transcript submission. I hope to answers these questions here.

First, MEDEX Admissions will be going through and confirming all UW Graduate School applications in the coming days. Once we confirm that you’ve completed the application we will update the status of your information. This information will show on your status page when you log back into the system. Again, this is just a formality but is required. If you have not yet completed the application please do so soon; UW application deadline in February 15th!

Okay, now for the transcript questions. Changes to the application system has prompted some confusion on all sides. The UW Graduate Admissions office will required an official transcript from the institution where you received your undergraduate degree. If you’ve already sent this to the UW great! If not, no need to panic. The UW will send a request for this official transcript after we’ve processed your application. Remember to also scan and upload your transcripts into the application system. This will help. There is no need to send transcripts directly to MEDEX. The UW Graduate School will provide directions as to where to send your transcripts by mail.

I sincerely hope this helps clarify the situation. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

I just got a message from Mariah, possibly you all have too, but just in case you didn't and have been as confused as I have been, here is the msg:

Hello! I know that many of you are completing or have already completed the University of Washington Graduate School Application. We have noticed that there has been a significant amount of confusion regarding the application status and transcript submission. I hope to answers these questions here.

First, MEDEX Admissions will be going through and confirming all UW Graduate School applications in the coming days. Once we confirm that you’ve completed the application we will update the status of your information. This information will show on your status page when you log back into the system. Again, this is just a formality but is required. If you have not yet completed the application please do so soon; UW application deadline in February 15th!

Okay, now for the transcript questions. Changes to the application system has prompted some confusion on all sides. The UW Graduate Admissions office will required an official transcript from the institution where you received your undergraduate degree. If you’ve already sent this to the UW great! If not, no need to panic. The UW will send a request for this official transcript after we’ve processed your application. Remember to also scan and upload your transcripts into the application system. This will help. There is no need to send transcripts directly to MEDEX. The UW Graduate School will provide directions as to where to send your transcripts by mail.

I sincerely hope this helps clarify the situation. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Archived