2016-17 MEDEX PA Jan 19th Interview-ees Meet up

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am thinking if we all go out together we will probably need a reservation somewhere. Should I look into a group reservations for dinner on the 18th around the hotel? We do need to eat well before our big day:)

Jeremy

That's probably not a bad idea. We probably need a headcount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking if we all go out together we will probably need a reservation somewhere. Should I look into a group reservations for dinner on the 18th around the hotel? We do need to eat well before our big day:) 

Jeremy

That would be great - I appreciate you looking into that for us!

Emily

Jeremy,

I reserached for resturants less than a km away from the hotel. Here are a couple that I've already called.

-Pagliacci Pizza Restaurant

No reservations accepted.

Hours on Wed. 11-2300.

-Cedars Restaurant (indian/mediterranean cuisine)

Closes at approx 2030 on wed.

Accepts reservations

I seen in your previous posts that you are flying into Wa. If you would like me to make reservations so you dont have another "to do" on your list please let me know, I am more than willing to help.

Shawna

Dear Shawna,

That sounds super! We have 10 people confirmed for meeting at the Watertown at 5:30pm on the 18th. If you will make a reservation for 15 people at about 6:30pm at one of the places near the hotel that would be terrific! Will that group size and time work ok? I am not particular when it comes to food places; however, if someone has a preference as to what type of food or where we go please speak up. This is going to be fun.

I have only briefly looked around at the other forums. Is there another group forming in a separate forum?

Respectfully,

Jeremy

Hi all,

I received an invitation to interview on the 19th with you all for a seat for Seattle's upcoming class. I would love to join you all at the Watertown at 5:30pm on the 18th and will meet for dinner after that as well if that is the plan.

Bill

Hi Bill,

When did you receive an invitation? Just wondering because I haven't heard back yet..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hi Denise. Sorry for the late reply. I applied to the Anchorage cohort and am excited to be meeting everyone the night before. You can count me in for the 5:30 meet up and dinner plus one (my wife).I was not expecting this great of a reply from so many people. I'm glad there are many of us undergoing this journey together and look forward to dinner and our interview. If you need to get a hold of me here is my contact info:

Jose.israel.diaz@gmail.com

386-216-1720

-Joey

Bill, glad your in and I look forward to meeting you on the 18th.

Joey, glad to hear your in too. I was starting to wonder if I should try and contact you about the forum since you are the one who started it up. Thank you so much for getting us all communicating with one another. This has been one of the most reassuring parts of getting ready.

Shawna, our group reservation will probably be more like 20 future colleagues. Any more thoughts on the dinner plan? Thanks again for taking lead on finding the group a place to eat.

Respectfully,

Jeremy

Hello all!

I'm going to get a group text going at some point today so we can all be on the same page. I noticed the taptalk notifications are a little shaky at best. Throw down your name and digits if you want to be in the group chat. I'm pretty excited to meet all of you and get this process going. One week 'til the big day!!!!!

Tom R.

P.S. I'm off work Tuesday 1/17 and if any of you would like to tour around the city that day or the 18th, I could be your guide. I live in Northgate (North Seattle) and I still enjoy exploring my city. For you Tacoma applicants (which includes me), if you do not know much about Tacoma, I grew up there and can fill you in with all the great things about "the City of Destiny" as well. :)

Dear Jlynneg,

Have you heard any buzz about the Anchorage Class #9 selection numbers? Also, will you be available to meet with our interview group dinner on the 18th? You probably read earlier on the forum that we are meeting in the Watertown lobby at 5:30pm and making a reservation for a group dinner around 6:30pm. It would fantastic to have you there! 

Respectfully,

Jeremy

Dear Jlynneg,

Have you heard any buzz about the Anchorage Class #9 selection numbers? Also, will you be available to meet with our interview group dinner on the 18th? You probably read earlier on the forum that we are meeting in the Watertown lobby at 5:30pm and making a reservation for a group dinner around 6:30pm. It would fantastic to have you there!

Respectfully,

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Thanks for asking about joining you all but I work until 730pm on Wednesdays. If you go to the Alaska group thread and ask if anyone knows roughly how many were accepted someone might know. Not everyone finds this forum so it can be a very rough number. I only know of 15 from Tacoma through this forum and our Facebook page. I'm always available to respond if u message me with any questions!

Jenni

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hi folks-

PLEASE consider deleting your personal information in your posts- ie, your phone numbers. We do have a private message system on this forum. This is a public forum and everyone, including guests who are not registered with us, are able to read any and all posts.

Also includes spammers and people that can use your number as a "ghost" number.. other than that, I am a recent (2016) graduate from MEDEX. It's great that your meeting up the night before. Definitely will help with the nerves. Put your best self forward on interview day and leave it all out on the table. You'll be surrounded by awesome and well qualified individuals like yourself. Smile and meet as many people as possible. Good luck to you guys!

Archived