Cerner Templates

I believe Cerner is the root of all evil. Perhaps they have revamped it but it took upwards of 10 minutes looking up a previous colonoscopy that a patient had done. There is a way to put in dot templates though. Good luck to you!

hate to hear that as i'm about to take it on in my new job, which is out pt medicine.. 

I'm OP and find it usable. Remember that there are two options in one. One is the tap to select word/phrase and the other is the Workflow option which is all free text with auto-text option. Unfortunately it doesn't allow you to prefill multiple medications for one diagnosis so you have to select them individually. You can put med classifications into respective created folders, i.e.-"abx", "steroids", "anti-virals", etc..

I use Cerner as well.  Hate it, but then again, I've hated the other 4 or 5 EMR's I have used before too.

Cerner has some pre-built ones that you can modify and save.  Also, there is an iphone/ios app you can use that dictates/translates pretty well.

Good to know! I've requested dragon as well... we'll see! 

I use Cerner and it sucks. I have a general SOAP template that I trimmed down or else it auto populates EVERYTHING from the sections you left checked. I use the Macros and auto texts a lot for repetitive statements on HPI, ROS and PE. Still takes a while to write a note on a typical (3-4 problem) Primary Care patient visit.

One thing I noticed though and this goes for all EMRs I have used. DO NOT batch your charts to finish later. I find if I do this I'm staying in the office till the cleaning crew get in. I try to write as much of my HPI either in the room or immediately after the visit and I'm charting all the time in between visits. This I find, though very busy, allows me to go home within a half hour to 45mins after my last pt.

I also write a "normal" HPI for whatever problem it is (I have macros/auto texts for HTN, Dm2, hypothyroidism, etc) and change the little details that pertain to the pt. Saves a few minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Used Cerner at my old job.  I had my likes and dislikes, but when I got really familiar with MedHost at my current job, I realized how much I missed Cerner.  

I've also gotten very familiar with Epic at alternate sites I sometimes work, and that's now my preferred EMR.  Cerner is just a stripped-down, less comprehensive version of Epic

nextgen is even worse then meditech.

I used to be a NextGen Superuser when it first launched before Epic became the premier EMR, NextGen was one of the largest. It does suck. I've worked with a few other smaller EMRs. I prefer Meditabs to NextGen but it was a lot of clicking. Practice Fusion though was by far the WORST! ????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I really like Cerner better than  the epic failure alternative. in my mind it just flows better down a single page chronologically without having to hop all over the place to find things. I learned Cerner in 1 day and am very comfortable with it. I have used epic at 4 places for 17 years since version 1.0 when it was a Kaiser only product and have hated every version of it in both ambulatory and ASAP configurations. I like simple. simple is easy. I don't want to have to take a class every 3 months to learn all the new updates, which I will never use.

• 3 weeks later...

Big question is are you using 'Big' Cerner or CommunityWorks Cerner?

If you have Big Cerner then you should have IT analysts to help.

If you have CommunityWorks, then you have to spend time making Favorites, Macros, Autotexts and Precompleted Notes.

Did your place go to Dynamic Documentation, that looked much smoother than anything I have ever seen.

Good luck.

G

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Archived