St Catherine University

I think them switching to CASPA next year is a huge mistake, I know it will mess up my chances. They will get many more applicants now because all they have to do is click to apply.

I'm curious as to why CASPA would be a big mistake. It's the standard for all PA schools, simplifies the process for them, and allows them a greater selection of applicants. The "click-to-apply" part is half true- they will most likely still require a supplemental application, which is the REAL pain in the butt.

Gtrackster, PA programs are all competitive no matter how their apps are due. Between now and the summer just work on strengthening your app as much as possible. Get as many HCE hrs, best gpa, best gre, more leadership/ community service opportunities as you can in. Someone posted on here the class stats might be posted soon, but just worry about making yourself the strongest applicant you can be without worrying too much about stats.

Gtrackster, PA programs are all competitive no matter how their apps are due. Between now and the summer just work on strengthening your app as much as possible. Get as many HCE hrs, best gpa, best gre, more leadership/ community service opportunities as you can in. Someone posted on here the class stats might be posted soon, but just worry about making yourself the strongest applicant you can be without worrying too much about stats.

Agreed. Focus on yourself and hope for the best. (That's all any of us can really do.)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just recieved an interview invite from St. Kate's! Apparently they decided to increase their enrolment from 24 students to 32, and are doing more interviews. Those of you who have interviewed already, what was it like? What is the video-taped scenerio?! Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Awesome! We signed a waiver saying we couldn't give out details of the actual interview, but for me, it was three individual interviews with two faculty members and a small group interview. I truly felt like the interview was simply just to get to know me better. I can't give you details of the video taped scenario, but it is definitely nothing to worry about. Just go in there, be yourself, know why you want to be there and you'll be fine!

Congrats! I agree with andreasmo. It really wasn't that bad..they really did just want to get to know me and my personality. I would also say not to worry about the video taped scenario--not sure about others, but that was the most fun part of the whole afternoon for me :)

Archived