NCCPA PANCE Practice Exam

So, I am a few weeks from my PANCE. I have seen several comments in different threads about the Practice Exam that NCCPA puts out as being much easier than the real thing and not really worth it.

Honestly, if it's nothing like the real thing, why should I spend $50 on it? I have already done ~2000 practice questions through ExamMaster and Kaplan so it's not like I haven't been doing practice questions.

I am a really fast test taker too and so time concerns aren't really a concern. I go with my gut on all questions during school and never changed answers and it always paid off and never failed anything. I also took two PACkRAT exams in school and finished in plenty of time with good scores >160 on both.

I am thinking about paying for one of the practice exams... but I guess I want someone to talk me out of it! :) it would be nice to save the $50. Any recent PANCE takers think one way or the other?

I just took the PANCE Saturday, Dec. 17. I also did several thousand practice questions between Davis, Exam Master, PA Easy, Certification/Recertification for PANCE/PANRE questions and then last week I capped it off with one NCCPA practice test. I have to say doing EM questions definitely over-prepared me for the length of the practice test and PANCE. My questions in the practice exam and PANCE were for the most part, very short in length, 3-4 sentences. I had only a handful of questions that even required me to look at lab values. Additionally I felt EM questions were much more detail oriented and the practice/PANCE were much more broad. The practice test was helpful in the sense that it showed me what my weaker areas were in the week leading up to the PANCE. Previously I'd felt confident in cardiology but that was one of two sections I scored slightly below the mean on, so for the remainder of the week I reviewed cardiology and HEENT. Honestly that was probably the most valuable part of taking the practice exam, more so than seeing the style of the practice questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived