School Prerequisites and Requirements for Application and Admission

Hi guys, i am applying to MCPHS in Boston for PA, the deadline is november 1st but i am starting my internship in september, is it going to be a problem for me since i am starting the Hands-on patient care experience in the application cycle? if anyone could answer i would appreciate. Thanks

Some schools allow for you to have your hands-on experience be added up until the start date. However, I applied last cycle and didn't get into the 15 schools I applied to, and most said that my lack of direct patient care was my only downfall. I would suggest trying to boost some hours before september just in case...but it wouldn't hurt to call the program and ask

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I am applying this coming April. My science GPA is a 3.3 but i made two C's. One in Biology 2 and one in Ochem 2. is it worth it to retake them? I will be working fulltime while doing it.

thanks

To answer this question properly I would need a better idea of your application as a whole. But in general having two C grades isn't a big deal but your science GPA would be considered mildly below average but not impossible if there are other bits on your application that would make up for it like patient care hours or the course load you were taking at the time you got the C grades.

• 2 weeks later...