Compensation help-all input appreciated

Hello! 

Some background information: DFW area PA, 4 years of experience (3 in family medicine, 1 for GI) 

My initial contract was for 100k base salary.  My contract is being reworked, and they are trying to add a bonus structure.  I see currently around 15 patients per day.  The new bonus structure is as follows:

3000 patients per year=$8000 yearly bonus

3500=$20,000

4000=$36,000

This seems great, but the problem is that my schedule is not that full.  For the last year, I only saw 2000 patients.  Basically, the bonus structure is unattainable with the amount of patients at my practice.  Any advise for what is fair compensation? I think the base salary is low and initially by SP was not willing to increase that.  So if I sign this, then I will be setting myself up to make base salary only, which seems low for specialty in a Dallas suburb.  

Any input is appreciated.  I just don't know where to go from here.  I love my job, my SP is fantastic and my office is amazing.  I just want fair compensation. 

Thank you!

get away from patient seen - or if this is the only metric - see only fast patients, one problem for visit, make them come back (god I hate that style of practice)

Instead - change your bonus over to a % of collections...  you should aim for 50% of collections in SALARY to you - the remaining 50% is to cover overhead of the practice and your bennies...

Archived