Sign in to follow this  
kstarr

Bridge to Masters

Can anyone who has completed the bridge to Master's program let me know why they choose the program they did?  and comment on if you liked it or did not like it, how long it took, time per week, cost?  Or please share any information comparing programs, or any general advice on this.  Thanks! 

LOTS of info about this around the forum. many of us(myself included) did the U Nebraska program, which can be done in 1 yr. it's gotten spendy, though(12k or so, was 1800 when I did it in 98). touro is the least expensive accredited program at this point, around 7200.

• Upvote 1

ATSU was the one I did because you don't need a BA/BS. They're getting rid of that program next year I think though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

ATSU was the one I did because you don't need a BA/BS. They're getting rid of that program next year I think though.

I bet that was expensive!

I did Univ of Nebraska in 2007 and it was $3500.  It was probably the easiest thing I have done in my academic career.  I did a bachelors PA program and reached out the the Nebraska program before I graduated.  They let me do all the assignments for the three classes before officially registering.  So, I had all assignments completed before I even finished my clinical year of PA school.  Once I graduated and passed the PANCE, I officially registered for the program and submitted my assignments the next day.  All I had to complete was my patient logging and write the 15 page thesis.  

• Upvote 1

I bet that was expensive!

13k...not too bad for 2 years and considering I didn't have to go and finish a bachelors

UW Madison has a bridge program. It will only be offered for a couple more years. They are set up to take their own former students, but have taken outsiders. Class size is very limited.

U of Nebraska over the last few years. Wrapping up capstone this December.

Cost about 10k. I chose due to education track option. 

Contrary to prior post, I did not find this easy though I would not rate anything as overly difficult either. 

Just had to be engaged and interested. I think they do a good job of 'bridging' from the certificate education I received in the late 90s with fitting in pieces that current MPAS students are on the hook for now.

Downside was I still had to do some of the yearly modules that other students at the medical center were responsible for, somewhat of a time waster.

G Brothers PA-C

U of Nebraska over the last few years. Wrapping up capstone this December.

Cost about 10k. I chose due to education track option. 

Contrary to prior post, I did not find this easy though I would not rate anything as overly difficult either. 

Just had to be engaged and interested. I think they do a good job of 'bridging' from the certificate education I received in the late 90s with fitting in pieces that current MPAS students are on the hook for now.

Downside was I still had to do some of the yearly modules that other students at the medical center were responsible for, somewhat of a time waster.

G Brothers PA-C

the nebraska program has added a lot of requirements over the years. when I did it in 98 it was 2 classes in health policy and health ethics, something like 600 hrs of supervised practice with case requirements by specialty, and a published master's paper. took me less than a year and cost $1800 paid out of my cme funds.

I graduated from Pace Masters  PA  completion program about 4 yrs ago.  It was 3 semesters long, 100% online and the  cost was about $10,000.  In my opinion,  it was well designed program. Good luck