Volunteering

Regarding HCE, I am curious if any of you have gotten acceptance without paid experience. For instance, I have more than 300 hours (and still accruing more) of volunteering in the ER and shadowing PAs in other specialties. Anyone out there with the same type of "uncertified" "unpaid" experience that got accepted to your school of choice? Do you have anything to share? Just curious...?

Regarding HCE, I am curious if any of you have gotten acceptance without paid experience. For instance, I have more than 300 hours (and still accruing more) of volunteering in the ER and shadowing PAs in other specialties. Anyone out there with the same type of "uncertified" "unpaid" experience that got accepted to your school of choice? Do you have anything to share? Just curious...?

I only had about 350 hours of HCE and that was all volunteer work I did in Haiti last summer working in a clinic and cholera hospital. I just got into Baylor's PA program and will be starting in June! Should be said though that Baylor doesn't have a requirement for HCE; the experience just really enhanced my application.

I only had about 350 hours of HCE and that was all volunteer work I did in Haiti last summer working in a clinic and cholera hospital. I just got into Baylor's PA program and will be starting in June! Should be said though that Baylor doesn't have a requirement for HCE; the experience just really enhanced my application.

Archived