I am really having a hard time with general chemistry, will this make or break me?

I am getting very frustrated with the general chemistry requirements I have to do. Did general chemistry 1 twice (due to getting a 2.5 the first time) and now it seems the general chemistry 2 following it will probably go the same route. While I am 39 (turning the big 40 this year) and still, currently trying to get the basics just to even have a glimmer of hope of even being looked at for a program. My question is, anyone else have or have had this much problems with a much needed class?

And will this class be the deal breaker for me getting excepted within a PA program?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

-Tonev

I am getting very frustrated with the general chemistry requirements I have to do. Did general chemistry 1 twice (due to getting a 2.5 the first time) and now it seems the general chemistry 2 following it will probably go the same route. While I am 39 (turning the big 40 this year) and still, currently trying to get the basics just to even have a glimmer of hope of even being looked at for a program. My question is, anyone else have or have had this much problems with a much needed class?

And will this class be the deal breaker for me getting excepted within a PA program?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

-Tonev

Chemistry won't be the deal breaker. Look at it as a weed-out course. You want to do your best, of course.

Take your application as a whole into consideration and you can see how small of a difference chemistry makes. If you can shine in all other areas, one bad grade won't make or break you. And once you are accepted to PA school, you won't have to deal with chemistry ever again!

Chemistry won't be the deal breaker. Look at it as a weed-out course. You want to do your best, of course.

Take your application as a whole into consideration and you can see how small of a difference chemistry makes. If you can shine in all other areas, one bad grade won't make or break you. And once you are accepted to PA school, you won't have to deal with chemistry ever again!

Well, for HCE I was a combat medic for 4 years in the military, currently taking a EMT course with a Paramedic course following (combat medic back in 1994). I have taken general chem 1 3.5, micro, 3.5, Patho 3.5 A&P 3.5 (all which I have to take over due to it being over 5 years). I'm currently a biomedical engineer (which they don't count as patient care experience).

I'm gonna keep plugging away at these courses until I finish, I just hope that taking this class over again, or the general chem 1 over for better grades doesn't go un-noticed or isn't looked at as a negative or me not having initiative "I dug into the depths of my soul to sit in that general chem 1 class again".

Well, for HCE I was a combat medic for 4 years in the military, currently taking a EMT course with a Paramedic course following (combat medic back in 1994). I have taken general chem 1 3.5, micro, 3.5, Patho 3.5 A&P 3.5 (all which I have to take over due to it being over 5 years). I'm currently a biomedical engineer (which they don't count as patient care experience).

I'm gonna keep plugging away at these courses until I finish, I just hope that taking this class over again, or the general chem 1 over for better grades doesn't go un-noticed or isn't looked at as a negative or me not having initiative "I dug into the depths of my soul to sit in that general chem 1 class again".

Archived