Professional licensure question

Can someone please tell me what does qualify? Thanks. :)

Current professional licensure, registration, or certification in one's clinical field. (Areas of healthcare such as, but not limited to, a LPN, CNA, hospital/clinic receptionist, phlebotomist, dental hygienist , personal trainer, EMT, and medical assistant do not meet the requirements).

My understanding is any field which has had hands on direct patient care. I am a respiratory therapist with 20 years HCE, I was accepted into their program which starts in May. This program was once only open for nurses with their BS. It was only a few years ago they opened up for other medical professions. I do believe because of the format of the UND program, one must have a firm grasp patient care and all which this encompasses.

Good Luck in your hunt for the right program. I too investigated many options, but felt the UND program was the best fit for me. Things to remember are to have a strong GPA in your science classes, obtain as much HCE as possible, and shadowing of PAs in your area. I also recommend the books by Andrew Rodican. "Getting Into Physician Assistant School" became my "Holy Grail" so to speak during the process of application.

Best Wishes!

My understanding is any field which has had hands on direct patient care. I am a respiratory therapist with 20 years HCE, I was accepted into their program which starts in May. This program was once only open for nurses with their BS. It was only a few years ago they opened up for other medical professions. I do believe because of the format of the UND program, one must have a firm grasp patient care and all which this encompasses.

Good Luck in your hunt for the right program. I too investigated many options, but felt the UND program was the best fit for me. Things to remember are to have a strong GPA in your science classes, obtain as much HCE as possible, and shadowing of PAs in your area. I also recommend the books by Andrew Rodican. "Getting Into Physician Assistant School" became my "Holy Grail" so to speak during the process of application.

Best Wishes!

Guest hubbardtim48

Nurse, registered respiratory therapist (possibly a certified RT, but have limited jobs and most hospitals won’t let you work in the ICUs), social worker, speech pathologist, chiropractor, athletic trainer, dietician or perfusionist . I would say most of these professions would count toward the UND program, but I would call and ask to make certain. If you have no HCE and want to go to PA school I would recommend doing an accelerated nursing program or respiratory care program. My RRT program was one full year, but I had 3 years of pre-reqs. so when I finished I graduated with my BSRT. Most programs would love that you were an RN or RRT before going to PA school and this HCE is much more direct (and rewarding) with patients and requires a lot more training, skills, licenses/certification, CEUs (cont. education), etc. and would look better than being a CNA. For the UND program I would pick doing RN or RRT because these will be the quickest way to get HCE and most likely the cheapest. Good luck in your endeavors and let me know if you need anything else!

Guest hubbardtim48

Nurse, registered respiratory therapist (possibly a certified RT, but have limited jobs and most hospitals won’t let you work in the ICUs), social worker, speech pathologist, chiropractor, athletic trainer, dietician or perfusionist . I would say most of these professions would count toward the UND program, but I would call and ask to make certain. If you have no HCE and want to go to PA school I would recommend doing an accelerated nursing program or respiratory care program. My RRT program was one full year, but I had 3 years of pre-reqs. so when I finished I graduated with my BSRT. Most programs would love that you were an RN or RRT before going to PA school and this HCE is much more direct (and rewarding) with patients and requires a lot more training, skills, licenses/certification, CEUs (cont. education), etc. and would look better than being a CNA. For the UND program I would pick doing RN or RRT because these will be the quickest way to get HCE and most likely the cheapest. Good luck in your endeavors and let me know if you need anything else!

Archived