Here my experience from the Touro University Nevada - My rant several years later after staying quiet

My Rant Several Years

Accepted at Touro University Nevada Many years ago

Passed through all the exams with high scores in school including PACKRATS given I scored exceptionally high, did exceptionally well through Didactic Phase (Praised by multiple DO's, PA'S, MD's even PASSING the a USMLE PRACTICE TEST EXAM ADMINISTERED BY THE CLINICAL ROTATION M.D. (no medical student/PA student ever passed without a curve from what he said) until the LAST FINAL ROTATION - Where one of the professors who currently works there Threaten to fail me for a Essay I wrote (THIS IS JUST FOR AN ESSAY, I'VE PASSED EVERY SINGLE TEST WITH FLYING COLORS). That professor put so much pressure on me while I was prepping for Packrat, Final examinations, Rotating at the hospital and already invested in ~$130,000-~140,000 (Grand Total of 2017 Annual Expense - $76,794 Annually) in Graduate School. 

*Just FYI no student liked that professor, but that professor has a lot of power at Touro University Nevada

*They need to remove that person from the PA Faculty Board

I did end up graduating after doing a lot of begging, sucking up, pleasing that person.

Final thoughts - Be Careful, don't want to invest $150,000 and they rob you at the end. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what your complaint is- you graduated didn't you??? And by now you should be a successful PA making enough money to pay off your loans so quite frankly I'm not sure why your sharing such a specific story relevant only to you when by now this you opinion you have should have fizzled away assuming this truly was several years ago.

And by the way what school doesn't have professors that people like and that people hate?? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure what your complaint is- you graduated didn't you??? And by now you should be a successful PA making enough money to pay off your loans so quite frankly I'm not sure why your sharing such a specific story relevant only to you when by now this you opinion you have should have fizzled away assuming this truly was several years ago.

And by the way what school doesn't have professors that people like and that people hate?? 

The point of the post was what if they failed me for a simple essay, forcing me to pay another year of tuition. Total attempt at robbery of 70-80k + accumulating graduate school interest rates for an essay. This is not an English Major School

@djin Did you have happen to have rotated with Dr. Tim Perozek (opthamology) near summerlin hospital? He was telling me about a situation at Touro just like yours. He is a family friend of ours.

No I didn't. I wouldn't be surprised they still do that. I remember my first year this guy in my class worked really hard in PA school and he failed 2 exams, felt super bad he had to repeat the following year.

The point of the post was what if they failed me for a simple essay, forcing me to pay another year of tuition. Total attempt at robbery of 70-80k + accumulating graduate school interest rates for an essay. This is not an English Major School

No I didn't. I wouldn't be surprised they still do that. I remember my first year this guy in my class worked really hard in PA school and he failed 2 exams, felt super bad he had to repeat the following year.

We had two in our class that failed a good amount of their exams and almost every EOR exam.. still graduated on time.. failed the pance more than once.. they didn't have to repeat? They had to remediate almost every session as well..

I don't know where your stories are coming from.. you seemed disgruntled and should move on and know this was a personal problem and not a institutional wide issue.. maybe you should also look and ask yourself if there was other things in play that could have caused this to occur for you. I'm sure there are also skeletons in your closet and you weren't most likely the perfect student as well.. no one is..

We had two in our class that failed a good amount of their exams and almost every EOR exam.. still graduated on time.. failed the pance more than once.. they didn't have to repeat? They had to remediate almost every session as well..

I don't know where your stories are coming from.. you seemed disgruntled and should move on and know this was a personal problem and not a institutional wide issue.. maybe you should also look and ask yourself if there was other things in play that could have caused this to occur for you. I'm sure there are also skeletons in your closet and you weren't most likely the perfect student as well.. no one is..

If students are failing EOR exam that means there's a problem, that means you are training is not adequate. Attempting to fail you on an essay is way different than failing EOR exams. PANCE is not even part of graduation as well. Look maybe things changed now, who knows? Trust me it was definitely not just me she was after, it was that professor. If you ask anyone from that school during 2008-2012 they all say the same thing. Like I said maybe that person changed, but I don't think personalities change that easily. 

Look i'm just trying to put in my 2 cents about my experience and giving my personal experience to the Pre-PA's here. 

If students are failing EOR exam that means there's a problem, that means you are training is not adequate. Attempting to fail you on an essay is way different than failing EOR exams. PANCE is not even part of graduation as well. Look maybe things changed now, who knows? Trust me it was definitely not just me she was after, it was that professor herself. If you ask anyone from that school during 2008-2012 they all say the same thing. Like I said maybe she changed, but I don't think personalities change that easily.

They failed the EOR because one had personal issues and one was going through a divorce and the other was an older student who had their challenges likely due to their age.. don't assume it was a school thing.. get out of here with your trolling..

I know which professor you're likely talking about too.. be honest though.. how many people have failed out from TUN? What is the attrition rate compared to other programs?

If you have a problem with a faculty member.. go talk to the administration.. no need for you to air your dirty laundry here on a public forum..

They failed the EOR because one had personal issues and one was going through a divorce and the other was an older student who had their challenges likely due to their age.. don't assume it was a school thing.. get out of here with your trolling..

I know which professor you're likely talking about too.. be honest though.. how many people have failed out from TUN? What is the attrition rate compared to other programs?

If you have a problem with a faculty member.. go talk to the administration.. no need for you to air your dirty laundry here on a public forum..

The way you talk is obviously extremely biased in favor of the school. Surprising you know other students problems on why they failed their exams shows you have a biased opinion or really a NOISY person. I don't really care if the faculty member is still there because I already graduated, I'm just giving future students what the experience was like. 

The way you talk is obviously extremely biased in favor of the school. Surprising you know other students problems on why they failed their exams shows you have a biased opinion or really a NOISY person. I don't really care if the faculty member is still there because I already graduated, I'm just giving future students what the experience was like.

I wasn't the best student.. they accepted me for who I was and with a bad GPA.. my first session I struggled, I had quit smoking after 14 years of use and had left my wife and daughter in another state while I attended TUN. My first session was a mess as I had memory retention issues due to quitting smoking just weeks before starting PA school and I was an emotional wreck having my family away from me.. I failed the first two round of exams..

I wasn't kicked out, discouraged or disciplined.. I was given help and support to pass my classes.. the PA faculty and the human science faculty, oasis and the 2014s and 2015s all helped bring me up when I was down.. eventually I got over my memory issues and did well in the sessions afterwards.. the teacher you're likely speaking of, which I also had a situation with and who also interviewed me for PA school, also helped me when I struggled.

Call me biased or maybe call yourself bias, everyone has their own experience. Like I said initially, I'm sorry that happened to you, but that wasn't the class of 2015s experience.. and times do change since you were before my time.. and times have changed..

And the two students I mentioned were close friends of mine and we supported each other throughout school.. maybe you should stop assuming..

I wasn't the best student.. they accepted me for who I was and with a bad GPA.. my first session I struggled, I had quit smoking after 14 years of use and had left my wife and daughter in another state while I attended TUN. My first session was a mess as I had memory retention issues due to quitting smoking just weeks before starting PA school and I was an emotional wreck having my family away from me.. I failed the first two round of exams..

I wasn't kicked out, discouraged or disciplined.. I was given help and support to pass my classes.. the PA faculty and the human science faculty, oasis and the 2014s and 2015s all helped bring me up when I was down.. eventually I got over my memory issues and did well in the sessions afterwards.. the teacher you're likely speaking of, which I also had a situation with and who also interviewed me for PA school, also helped me when I struggled.

Call me biased or maybe call yourself bias, everyone has their own experience. Like I said initially, I'm sorry that happened to you, but that wasn't the class of 2015s experience.. and times do change since you were before my time.. and times have changed..

And the two students I mentioned were close friends of mine and we supported each other throughout school.. maybe you should stop assuming..

I'm glad things changed then if its true. If you know the professor i'm talking about then you should understand that attempting to fail a student on the final ELECTIVE ROTATION of their last year is ridiculous. I had to get the program director to override the grade to pass me

Overall my experience at Touro was good, I'm just saying you don't threaten to fail someone the month of school over an essay. 

P.S. I passed the PANCE just studying 1 month after graduating and recently passed the PANRE only studying for 2 weeks. Essays don't prove if you will succeeded in this career. 

Archived