TENNESSEE: Milligan College

On 7/30/2017 at 4:15 PM, Pez said:

When I asked Ms. Duran about the number of seats taken vs remaining she didn't know. Which seemed a little weird to me. I am going to email and see if I can get a hard number. I dont want to pay 1,000 for flight, room & board, and transportation for a seat on the wait list. 

Sorry to bother, but did you end up following finding out any more info about remaining seats and what not? I have a interview next week and would like to know before I head down there if at all possible.

32 minutes ago, krissymissy said:

I applied early June, and heard back about an interview a few days later. Interviewed on July 12th, and was accepted. The faculty and staff are extremely nice and friendly, and Johnston City has a lot to offer for clinicals. Good luck everyone!

^^Same exact timeline! And I can absolutely agree--wonderful and welcoming staff (also a great selection of friendly applicants!) beautiful area, lots to offer!!

35 minutes ago, krissymissy said:

I applied early June, and heard back about an interview a few days later. Interviewed on July 12th, and was accepted. The faculty and staff are extremely nice and friendly, and Johnston City has a lot to offer for clinicals. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! 

1 hour ago, krissymissy said:

If you don't mind me asking, how quick was the turnaround after the interview in regards to finding out you were accepted? Also, any idea on how many people have been accepted so far?

13 minutes ago, ATCDZ said:

If you don't mind me asking, how quick was the turnaround after the interview in regards to finding out you were accepted? Also, any idea on how many people have been accepted so far?

It took approximately 1 week for the letter and email to be sent to my house. I have no idea on the number of people accepted. Sorry! Although, any school will accept more than their "max" number of seats because they know some who are accepted will choose to go to their top choice school if accepted there. Hope this helps!

15 minutes ago, mobro21 said:

If you it's that have been accepted don't mind me asking, what were your "stats?" Gre, gpa, patient care, etc. thanks!

GRE: 150 verbal, 152 quantitative, 4.5 writing 

Overall GPA: 3.73

Science GPA: 3.65

Non- Science GPA: 3.81

HCE (phlebotomy): 630hrs

Shadowing: 100 hrs

Mission work overseas: 2 weeks

Sex: Female

Teachers Assistant for microbiology 

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ydnarb01 said:

I interviewed 8/15 and was accepted 8/23.  I accepted the offer and will be in the January 2018 class.  (WOO HOO!) Anyone else here interview on 8/15 and get in?

Awesome.. Congrats!! I interviewed 8/15 and was accepted on 8/23 as well!! Super exciting!! I'll be in the Jan 2018 class with you.. 

• Upvote 1

To those who accepted and will be in the 2018 cohort:  Lets start a FB page so we can get to know each other.  It might be helpful to have a group to talk about things as were anticipating the start of the program (ie. finding roomates, where to get financial aid/scholarships, things to do in Johnson City/Elizabethton, etc.)  I can get one started, if you'll just send me your email address or FB name, I will invite you to the page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/24/2017 at 4:51 PM, MCPA2020 said:

Awesome.. Congrats!! I interviewed 8/15 and was accepted on 8/23 as well!! Super exciting!! I'll be in the Jan 2018 class with you.. 

can you confirm if Milligan uses the prerequisite science gpa or the CASPA science gpa? their website says they use the cumulative gpa (i assume caspa) and the pre req science gpa, which I take to mean the science gpa for the classes they require and list on their website. I just want to clarify because I applied to a school this cycle that said they were using the pre req gpa, which I would be competitive at 3.75, however they told me my gpa was not high enough and that they used caspa, even though their website specifically says they use the pre req and their supplemental included filing out a pre req form for the 'new gpa calculation'. I am looking to apply to milligan this coming cycle but want to make sure i am understanding correctly. thank you! 

• 2 months later...