TENNESSEE: Milligan College

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Email saying application received on 7/5, invite for interview on 7/6. They are really fast at responding, even to questions.

did they fail their initial accreditation? Because I am confused why people would be accepted in November of 2016 (last years caspa). Or is it because their is a class that has already matriculated?

I spoke with Ms. Duran yesterday morning and she explained to me that the Admission Committee decided to open their CASPA a year early in order to get a higher volume of applicants for the January 2018 start date. She did tell me that the seats that were offered last CASPA cycle are still valid and those applicants will in fact matriculate in January 2018 is they decide to. 

She clarified that the program has never been denied accreditation and coming this September is their final hurdle before the official "good-to-go" for the ARC-PA. I was told that they have 24 or 26 seats total (I forgot which one but i know its either 20 or 26). She did not tell me however how many seats are filled/remaining. She did stress to me that everything looks good-to-go from the accreditation stand point. One awesome aspect that she told me during our conversation is that the program has already found clinical placement spots for the inaugural class. 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, breezy said:

Thanks @Pez for the information! That makes so much sense now! Looking forward to interviewing and meeting some of y'all! Seems like an awesome school I'm super excited, best of luck to everyone!!

I think since the inaugural class consists of only 26 students, it will be a great opportunity to interact with the professors. it also helps that the surrounding housing is dirt cheap! I am from Los Angeles, so I guess anything Beats 1,400 for a one bedroom apt. 

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Pez said:

I think since the inaugural class consists of only 26 students, it will be a great opportunity to interact with the professors. it also helps that the surrounding housing is dirt cheap! I am from Los Angeles, so I guess anything Beats 1,400 for a one bedroom apt. 

Exactly! Being part of the inaugural class would be an awesome experience too and can hopefully kick start a positive environment for the following classes! I bet it's much better as far as housing goes too. My friend just moved to LA actually and would absolutely agree with you! 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2017 at 11:29 AM, paprogramfinder said:

I am disappointed after reading the post about seats already filled before this application cycle. I have not heard of that. Seems like the seats available should have reflected that. 

When I asked Ms. Duran about the number of seats taken vs remaining she didn't know. Which seemed a little weird to me. I am going to email and see if I can get a hard number. I dont want to pay 1,000 for flight, room & board, and transportation for a seat on the wait list.