Accepted (class of 2019 - starting May 2017)

Hey guys! Just wanted to start a thread for those of us who have been accepted to Trevecca's PA program beginning in May 2017 (the class of 2019). My first question is, does anyone have recommendations on what kind of laptop to buy for school? I know they'll probably let us know next year but I was hoping to save some money by buying a new laptop on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Just got this from Ms Overstreet!

These are the computer requirements given to the class last year.

Computer Requirements

The PA Program utilizes online software which requires the following computer specifications:

PC Requirements

·         Most modern Microsoft Windows based computers (i.e. purchased within the last 3-4 years).

·         Operating system:  32-bit and 64-bit Versions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

·         Only genuine, US English, French, Portuguese, Swedish, and British versions of Windows Operating Systems are supported.

·         CPU Processor and AMD:  1.86Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo or greater

·         RAM:  highest recommended for the operating system or 2GB

·         Hard Drive:  highest recommended for the operating system or 1GB of available space

·         Screen resolution must be 1024x768 or higher

·         Adobe Reader (Version 9, 11, or DC) is required

·         A working USB port (Newer devices may require an adaptor)

·         Does not accept virtual operating systems such as Microsoft’s Virtual Machine, Parallels, VMware, VMware Fusion or any other virtual environments.

MAC Requirements

·         Operating System:  OS X 10.7 (Lion), OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), and OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). Only genuine versions of Mac Operating Systems are supported.

·         CPU:  Intel processor

·         RAM:  2GB

·         Hard Drive:  1GB or higher available space

·         Server version of Mac OS X is not supported

Disclaimer:  These computer system requirements are subject to change.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got this from Ms Overstreet!

These are the computer requirements given to the class last year.

Computer Requirements

The PA Program utilizes online software which requires the following computer specifications:

PC Requirements

·         Most modern Microsoft Windows based computers (i.e. purchased within the last 3-4 years).

·         Operating system:  32-bit and 64-bit Versions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

·         Only genuine, US English, French, Portuguese, Swedish, and British versions of Windows Operating Systems are supported.

·         CPU Processor and AMD:  1.86Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo or greater

·         RAM:  highest recommended for the operating system or 2GB

·         Hard Drive:  highest recommended for the operating system or 1GB of available space

·         Screen resolution must be 1024x768 or higher

·         Adobe Reader (Version 9, 11, or DC) is required

·         Does not accept virtual operating systems such as Microsoft’s Virtual Machine, Parallels, VMware, VMware Fusion or any other virtual environments.

MAC Requirements

·         Operating System:  OS X 10.7 (Lion), OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), and OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). Only genuine versions of Mac Operating Systems are supported.

·         CPU:  Intel processor

·         RAM:  2GB

·         Hard Drive:  1GB or higher available space

·         Server version of Mac OS X is not supported

Disclaimer:  These computer system requirements are subject to change.

Glad to know this. I was accepted into 2019 class.

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone, 

I am hoping to apply to PA schools in 2018 and Trevecca is my top choice. I am trying to get an idea of what they look for in an applicant. Would any of you mind posting your stats (GPA, GRE etc) and what kind of HCE you had? Also, what drew you towards Trevecca?

Thanks so much

Archived