• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CONGRATS! I was accepted too! I was so emotional over the phone haha! SO HAPPY!!!

Hi, everyone! I just got a phone call today telling me that I've been accepted into the program!! So if you have interviewed already be on the look-out for a phone call soon! Good luck to everyone !

Hi everyone! I just received an e-mail inviting me to interview!!! Super excited, hope everyone starts hearing back soon as well!

Hi-

I would like to apply here as well. I was wondering how your stats are? My gpa is low, but I have good experience hours.

Hey PA17, my GPA is 3.5 and science GPA is 3.4. I did not take GRE yet. HCE is 850+ and I am currently continuing my healthcare volunteering. I am currently working on my bachelor's at York College.

I want to ask you that look at their requirements may be you can still apply and you know good experience hours are more important and you have good hours of HCE. 

What are your stats? 

I emailed admissions and they said I can still apply based on my stats. I have over 2000 volunteering hours, I did medical brigades, I did various shadowing in urgent care, and I am a medical assistant (Still continuting and building upon patient care hours). I hope ny experience plays a bigger role and I am hoping to get an interview in this school.

Thank you! In terms of my stats, that is what is scaring me. I have overall GPA 3.456 and science 2.9 (I am still taking Microbiology and Exercise Physiology). They just said I could apply when i gave them all my information, so I applied recently and I emailed them stating if they received my application and they said they did! I am not sure when interviews would start - but i am assuming later! Also, i did take the GREs in summer and I self-studied using Manhattan Prep.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with GREs! I am sure you will do great! Also, yeah interviews start late - I hope we receive an interview. I am still waiting to hear back from other schools! Do you know when the program starts?

Hey pa17, 

I want to know that how did you tell the ETS that you want to send your GRE grades to CASPA? When I registered for GRE, they did not ask me how I want to use these scores? Can you please tell me how did you tell ETS to send your scores to CASPA? 

Thank you. 

Good luck with GREs! I am sure you will do great! Also, yeah interviews start late - I hope we receive an interview. I am still waiting to hear back from other schools! Do you know when the program starts?

Hi! I  was wondering if you knew when interviews start? I applied at the end of July/beginning of August and received an e-mail asking if I was planning on taking BioChem (bc it is a required course--I'll be taking it this spring), after that however I never received another message.

Hi! I  was wondering if you knew when interviews start? I applied at the end of July/beginning of August and received an e-mail asking if I was planning on taking BioChem (bc it is a required course--I'll be taking it this spring), after that however I never received another message.

Hey, the interviews will start in march. They did not send any email to me either.

• Upvote 1

Hi-

When you take in gres, after that you can send it to the schools you like (i believe its up to 3-4 free schools you can send). if you dont want to send it or you think you want to take it again, you can wait to send your scores again but you will have to pay $23

Hi-

When you take in gres, after that you can send it to the schools you like (i believe its up to 3-4 free schools you can send). if you dont want to send it or you think you want to take it again, you can wait to send your scores again but you will have to pay $23

Thank you so much pa 17.

Happy holidays and I hope 2017 will bring good news for us about our selection.

• 4 weeks later...

I applied close to the deadline. Does anyone know if that will make a difference? I have heard that Sophie-Davis doesn't even look at the applications til after the deadline. Is it the same at York? Also, I was not able to get my past employers to send over a employment confirmation to prove my clinical hours, do you think that will be negatively viewed by the admissions team?

I applied close to the deadline. Does anyone know if that will make a difference? I have heard that Sophie-Davis doesn't even look at the applications til after the deadline. Is it the same at York? Also, I was not able to get my past employers to send over a employment confirmation to prove my clinical hours, do you think that will be negatively viewed by the admissions team?

I think your stats are more important compare to when you submitted your application. I think you should call admissions office to make sure about your confirmation document if you can submit it now. I don't know if it will matter since you wrote in your application about your experience.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Hello everyone, admissions office is sorting out applications. Some students even received rejection emails. We are safe so far since we did not receive any emails about our application. They will have meeting in February and after that they will start calling students for interviews.

Hello everyone, admissions office is sorting out applications. Some students even received rejection emails. We are safe so far since we did not receive any emails about our application. They will have meeting in February and after that they will start calling students for interviews.

That makes me really hopeful so far if they already sent out some rejections. I would LOVE to attend this program. Crossing my fingers for everyone!!! I would be moving from Minnesota! Ah!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Rylie
      First, I would like to start off by introducing myself. 
      My name is Rylie Yager and I am a junior in my undergrad at Grand Valley State University. I am majoring in Behavioral Neuroscience, minoring in Psychology and Biology with a pre - PA emphasis. 
      Due to the competitiveness when it comes to admissions in to PA programs, I have been attempting to prepare to become the best possible applicant for when I apply to PA programs next summer (2022). It is stressful and beyond overwhelming - especially being that I am the first member of my family to be attending college, let alone grad school. I've had to figure out everything related to college on my own; from scheduling courses to managing everything that comes along with being a college student whom has to finically support themselves simultaneously. Thus far, I feel like I have been keeping up with the punches that this new journey has thrown my way. Now, I am on a new journey to become a PA - which is terrifying but also exciting. Being that I have been working along my education journey on my own, all I know is from research that I have done myself and contacting facility at my university. But I would like to receive more input and advise that could help me - and I am sure many others - on this journey of becoming a PA. Being how competitive it is to be admitted into a PA program, I am doing all that I can think of to become a worthy applicant - and would love advise from others who are on this journey and those who have surpassed it and are willing to give advise on how to get there. 
      I have listed some of the things that I have done/currently doing to help prepare me for my future in a PA program, and as a PA:
      Work Experience:
      Server in a nursing home
      Receptionist in a nursing home
      Medical technician in a nursing home
      Behavioral neuro technician in an inpatient facility
      Mental health technician in a psychiatrics hospital (current)

Education:
      Overall GPA: 3.678
      Coursework:
      Fall 2021
      BIO 328 SWS Biomedical Ethics
      BIO 376 Genetics Laboratory
      CHM 232 Biological Chemistry
      CHM 232 Biological Chemistry Discussion
      CHM 232 Biological Chemistry Lab
      PSY 300S WS Research Methods in Psych
      367 Health Psychology
      Winter 2022
      AHS 100 Medical Terminology
      BMS 212 Introductory Microbiology (RETAKE)
      213 Laboratory in Microbiology (RETAKE)
      PHY 200 Physics for the Life Sciences
      PSY 400 Advanced Research in Psychology

Previous/Completed
      BIO 121 General Biology II with lab
      BIO 355 Human Genetics
      CHM 231 Introductory Organic Chemistry with lab
      PSY 303 Psychopathology 
      PSY 311 SWS Controversial Issues Psych
      PSY 330 Foundations of Behav Neuroscience
      BMS 212 Introductory Microbiology
      BMS 213 Laboratory in Microbiology
      BMS 251 Anatomy and Physiology II with lab
      PSY 324Developmental Psychopathology
      WRT 219 Creative Writing Workshop 
      CHM 230 Intro to Organic and Biochem with lab
      FIT 125 Performance Weight Training
      HST 102 European Civilizations
      PSY 364 Life Span Developmental Psych
      WRT 150Strategies in Writing
      BMS 250Anatomy and Physiology I with lab
      CHM 109 Introductory Chemistry with lab
      PHI 202 Ethics of Health
      SOC 105 Social Problems
      PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology
      BIO 121 General Biology II

Academic achievements: 
      Deans list
      Writing portfolio utilized by writing department for grading scale

Volunteering:
      Crisis Hotline
      Community Food Bank Grand Rapids 

• By vjaniceb
      Hi there, my name is Vanessa and I just graduated with my bachelor's in February. I am looking to pursue into a PA program but not quite sure where to start. I am currently studying for the GRE and have about 250 internship hours done at an ENT clinic with an audiologist. I'm not sure in what I am doing and need any guidance or suggestion in what to do. 
    • By sabella57
      Hello! I thought I would get the forum for the SIU application started!
      Has anyone had trouble filling out the supplemental application? There is no option to choose "Summer 2022".
    • By masval2
      Hello!
      I have browsing this forum for awhile and appreciate everyones time and advice.
      To explain a little about my situation, I have a BA in Kinesiology that i completed in 2016. I became a personal trainer after school and really fell in love with client interactions, but felt as though I could do more for myself and my career. I went back to complete some science pre requisites for Physical Therapy school but realized DPT wasn't for me. I decided to leave my job at the commercial training job to work with partners/friends at a private training gym that we started together. This was tough at the time, and unfortunately COVID ruined our business, and lost my job.
      I was lost, bitter and decided I no longer wanted to be a trainer anymore. I hate the business side of it after grinding in that sector for years, but love working with patients and healthcare. I wanted more for my life. My family is full of medical professionals and always loved the healthcare environment. I decided to go back to school online while locked down to keep me busy and learning more about health. I was accepted into an MS of kinesiology and have been realizing that its not as fun for me as it used to be since I want something different. I am fully intending to apply to PA school next year after I finish my masters and remaining pre-reqs this summer.
      With that being said, I currently have the option to switch my graduate focus from MS Kinesiology to MS Health Sciences, which has courses in Epidemiology, Global Health, Theories and models of health behaviors, Program design and evaluation, etc.
      I emailed my advisor to make the switch as I feel as though it will make my application stronger for PA school, but am now unsure if it will make a difference between MS Kine or Health Sciences. 
      Any thoughts or comments?
      Thank you so much for your time
    • By Perdikos
      Hello!  I’m currently a senior biology major working as a medical scribe for a bit over 1 year now. I have accumulated about 1100 hours so far and have a cGPA of 3.63 and a science GPA of 3.36. I also have volunteered at a food bank with about 100 hours during the weekends. As a scribe I chart many aspects of the patient visit including vitals, HPI, physical exam and future plans. I also occasionally assist the provider with small tasks such as cerumen flushing in internal medicine or taking an US in a rheumatology setting. I have been researching PA programs to apply to and focusing on those that list scribing as PCE.  I am worried that this experience alone may not be enough as some schools don’t mention scribing as true PCE and I don’t feel I am able to gain another experience as I am currently studying for the GRE, working 3 times a week and will begin my next school semester soon. During my gap year after I apply I will have more time to find another part time job but this won’t be reflected on my application.  Will I still have a chance at being accepted into a program next cycle and if not what else do you recommend I do prior to applying? Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More