University of Detroit Mercy Class of 2014!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't received mine either. On another note, if any 20-something females are interested in possibly being roommates in Royal Oak, feel free to send me a PM to discuss it! I'm a very normal, clean, open-minded UM grad who would like a similar roommate who would want to go out occasionally once we get settled into school. I spoke with a current 2nd year at UDM and she said most of the young people in their class would go out downtown a few times/month from 2nd semester on once they were comfortable with school. I'm thinking of living at Village Park which is a very fun complex with a lot of grad students from Wayne, MSU med, etc. Open to other apartments that are reasonably close to downtown RO too!

I was told that I would receive the packet either by mail or email. I received everything by email, so I think I am just going to print the forms that need to be mailed before the deadline. There is a lot of things that need to be done, it is really exciting to be a part of this... I can't wait to meet everyone at orientation :=D:.

I will be starting the 3 year program in the fall at UDM. I am renting out a place that will be available in beginning of August. It is a ranch 2 bedroom 1 bath house 850 sq/ft in North Ferndale (Campbell/Hilton exit, off 696 and I-75). It is minutes from Ferndale and Royal Oak downtown's. It has central air, wood floors, remodeled bathroom, newer kitchen with a new dishwasher,refrigerator. Utility room with new washer and dryer. It is a quiet neighborhood (easy to study at home) with close proximity to UDM campus. Plenty of room for 2 people to share the space, $700/month. Small dogs or cats ok. Email me if interested.

• 8 months later...

I had an interview last year, I had a lot of fun! I really want this PA program! I was declined because I didn't have a competitive application. I asked for a application analysis, they said all was satisfactory. To be more competitive they suggested increasing my GRE score (which is 293), finishing more pre-reqs (only had one finished), increasing my GPA (which was 3.4 cumulative, but pre-req was 3.0 being based on one pre-req, which is now 3.8)

Hope this helps!

What did you do? I am also reapplying this year. I had an interview last year, and loved it! I did what they suggested to be more competitive except one. They suggested increasing my GRE (which I attempted just recently but was two points lower than the previous). They suggested completing more prereqs, which I did, and helped my GPA too.

Any Suggestions.

Archived