bp120/80

University of Detroit Mercy Class of 2014!

137 posts in this topic

lzdream888----Your not the last one---I can't believe it---I received my opportunity call on Thursday for interview and confirmed yesterday for next Wednesday. Sooooo excited and nervous. Good luck to all.

I went to an informational meeting last month where they said about 60-70 interviews are granted and there are 50 seats. About 10 of these seats are given to students in the 5 year program. Which leaves 40 seats for the interviewed 6 0-70 people. These seats are divided between the 2 and 3 year programs.

I'm guessing we might start finding out towards the end of next week.

I also heard that they decelerated quite a few people this year (from the 2 year program to the 3 year) in an effort to uphold the standards of the program. This means there are about 6 fewer seats, for the 2 year program at least, than there normally are. I'm not sure if it will affect those going for the 3 year program.

Thank you very much for the great information, Seemen and Crystalide. Hope the final results will be released early.

Good luck for everyone.

for those of you who got emails with updates, did you email them first or did you just receive one out of the blue? thanks.

So has anyone heard anything yet? From what I understand, a lot of folks who applied last year did not hear whether or not they were accepted until like Friday April 14th; right up to the last minute. I imagine this application cycle would be not different, but just wondering if anyone has received a phone call, e-mail, or anything?

Nothing so far. I was told we would be notified around the second week of April. I'm guessing the end of this week or beginning of next. That being said, I'm constantly checking my phone, email and mailbox. haha

Willheam---I have not heard anything and reading posts from those who interviewed last year it would seem that it was down to the wire. I was told by the interview committee that we would be contacted by phone by April 15th, which is a Sunday, so I assume that we will hear by the end of the week. I am hoping that we will hear sooner because the anxiety is tough. However, some of previous year's posts stated they were notified by mail that they were accepted. Good luck to all and hopefully we will know soon.

Thanks ljmanders - It seems that we will indeed hear right at the last minute. It eases my mind a bit to know that no one else has heard anything either; but it's definitely been a nerve racking month!! The waiting to see if I get a phone call for an interview, and now the waiting to see if I'm extended an invitation for the program. But there's nothing to do but sit patiently as possible and wait.

It is extemely difficult, and each time my phone rings or email pops up my stomach sinks, could this be the call! But I take comfort in knowing that each person who interviewed is going through the same emotions. Hopefuly it won't be much longer until we hear their decision. I will wait patiently also and pray for the best.

FYI I got the phone call today that they're extending me an invitation to the PA program!! I was so excited and wanted to let everyone else know that calls are starting to go out. Hope it isn't too long before everyone else gets that wonderful phone call as well!

Congratulations Willheam!!! I got the call today too!!! 3 year program as well!!! I'm so happy and relieved. I was out but wanted to come home and post too so that I could let you all know and I'm hoping you all will get the call too!!! This forum has been like a support group for me the last couple months!!!

Congratulations! I am currently in the first year of the three year program please feel free to message me if you have any questions :)

I just received the acceptance call as well. 2yr program for me. Congrats to those that got calls as well and my fingers are still crossed for the rest of you.

CONGRATS TO ALL! I also received call at 10:54 this morning and almost passed out when I answered---I was accepted to 3 year program as well---I am so excited and am looking forward to being able to exchange information with my new classmates!

Crystaltide - yes I got into the 3 year program like I wanted. I still need to earn some income for as long as I can during school and have two small children that still need to see me from time to time :smile: That's hy I chose the three year program.

ljmanders & seemen I guess I'll be meeting you this fall sometime - I agree that this forum has definitely helped me a bit knowing there's others out there also just an anxious, nervous, etc. as I was.

Rylie - thanks for the invitation in terms of asking questions. Luckily I had a 3-year student greet me and answer many of my questions before the interview. My mind is just spinning so much now with excitement, it will probably hit me in a few days what questions I really didn't get answered so thanks again for the offer.

I was accepted to the 2 year program! If there is a current student or recent grad that I could ask a few questions I would really appreciate it. I'm debating between U of D and another program.

Rylie,

Thank you for the offer and I would love to be able to ask you some questions as students were not available the day I interviewed. I will message you with my questions, if you don't mind. Thanks.

Hey guys

Congrats to all of you who got in. I was invited for the 3 year program. Looking forward to meeting all of you soon. For students that did not get in, keep your head up. Make sure to find out why you did not get accepted and reapply next year. I got rejected last year and did many things that put me in the position to get accepted this year. Good luck to all.

Congrats Evertkin! Would you mind posting here or in the Applicant Stats thread what your stats are/what you did to improve?

Is anyone here on UDM's alternate list for the 2014/2015 class. If you are a current student, do you have more info on being on their alternate list?

I haven't gotten any written notification of anything yet. Has anyone else received an acceptance letter? I was wondering when they'll send those out.

I contacted the secretary by phone and left a message. No call back or any communication. I have not received an acceptance letter or a welcome packet. If you are starting in the fall and have received anything please post some info.

thanks

When I received the acceptance call last week, she said they would be mailing out the packets this past Monday or Tuesday. I would assume we would receive then by tomorrow.

I have not received a packet yet either. Glad that I am not alone. I have tried calling and emailing the program but I have not received a response yet. Hopefully they will come in the mail soon.

Haven't received mine either. On another note, if any 20-something females are interested in possibly being roommates in Royal Oak, feel free to send me a PM to discuss it! I'm a very normal, clean, open-minded UM grad who would like a similar roommate who would want to go out occasionally once we get settled into school. I spoke with a current 2nd year at UDM and she said most of the young people in their class would go out downtown a few times/month from 2nd semester on once they were comfortable with school. I'm thinking of living at Village Park which is a very fun complex with a lot of grad students from Wayne, MSU med, etc. Open to other apartments that are reasonably close to downtown RO too!

I emailed her today to find out. She apologized about the delay and said they would be in the mail by this coming Monday.

I'm assuming everyone must have received the emails today. I'm wondering if I should just print it all out or wait for the paper version? Are they still going to mail us a packet?

I was told that I would receive the packet either by mail or email. I received everything by email, so I think I am just going to print the forms that need to be mailed before the deadline. There is a lot of things that need to be done, it is really exciting to be a part of this... I can't wait to meet everyone at orientation :=D:.

I will be starting the 3 year program in the fall at UDM. I am renting out a place that will be available in beginning of August. It is a ranch 2 bedroom 1 bath house 850 sq/ft in North Ferndale (Campbell/Hilton exit, off 696 and I-75). It is minutes from Ferndale and Royal Oak downtown's. It has central air, wood floors, remodeled bathroom, newer kitchen with a new dishwasher,refrigerator. Utility room with new washer and dryer. It is a quiet neighborhood (easy to study at home) with close proximity to UDM campus. Plenty of room for 2 people to share the space, $700/month. Small dogs or cats ok. Email me if interested.

I had an interview last year, I had a lot of fun! I really want this PA program! I was declined because I didn't have a competitive application. I asked for a application analysis, they said all was satisfactory. To be more competitive they suggested increasing my GRE score (which is 293), finishing more pre-reqs (only had one finished), increasing my GPA (which was 3.4 cumulative, but pre-req was 3.0 being based on one pre-req, which is now 3.8)

Hope this helps!

What did you do? I am also reapplying this year. I had an interview last year, and loved it! I did what they suggested to be more competitive except one. They suggested increasing my GRE (which I attempted just recently but was two points lower than the previous). They suggested completing more prereqs, which I did, and helped my GPA too.

Any Suggestions.