University of Detroit Mercy Class of 2014!

I also am applying under contingent admission for their part-time program. With so much competition for so few spots they might not be looking at those who still have classes to complete. Also I wonder if full time candidates are interviewed 1st, then the part-time folks? That's what I would like to think.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also am applying under contingent admission for their part-time program. With so much competition for so few spots they might not be looking at those who still have classes to complete. Also I wonder if full time candidates are interviewed 1st, then the part-time folks? That's what I would like to think.

I am aware of a student who was accepted last year. This otherwise exceptionally strong candidate had not completed all the pre-req's (2 or 3 if I am not mistaken). I know that A/P were not among the missing classes. I hope that relieves some of your anxiety.

I am aware of a student who was accepted last year. This otherwise exceptionally strong candidate had not completed all the pre-req's (2 or 3 if I am not mistaken). I know that A/P were not among the missing classes. I hope that relieves some of your anxiety.

I just called today to ask if all candidates have been selected for the interview process... I was told that calls will be going out until the end of the month. For those of you who received an interview date, could you share a little bit about how much health care experience you have, GRE score, GPA? Just wondering where I stand and if I have a chance at all.

I just called today to ask if all candidates have been selected for the interview process... I was told that calls will be going out until the end of the month. For those of you who received an interview date, could you share a little bit about how much health care experience you have, GRE score, GPA? Just wondering where I stand and if I have a chance at all.

I also received an email response that stated they are still reviewing applications and hope to complete interviews by first week of April. Hopefully calls will still be completed, I was wondering if any of the candidates who have received interviews applied for the three year program? I would also be interested in any data that could be shared by those who have interviews.

I also received an email response that stated they are still reviewing applications and hope to complete interviews by first week of April. Hopefully calls will still be completed, I was wondering if any of the candidates who have received interviews applied for the three year program? I would also be interested in any data that could be shared by those who have interviews.

Seemeen, First, congratulations and good luck! Maybe calls will continue. Would you mind sharing your stats: HCE, GPA's, background experience---I also only applied to U of D and am wondering if I am anywhere in the ballpark of being considered. My background is education for 14 years, clinical substance abuse therapist for 4 years, and substance abuse screenings of youth for 2 years---I had 3.8 science GPA, 4.0 in Master's program and 2.8 in undergrad and played college basketball. Any info would be appreciated.

Seemeen, First, congratulations and good luck! Maybe calls will continue. Would you mind sharing your stats: HCE, GPA's, background experience---I also only applied to U of D and am wondering if I am anywhere in the ballpark of being considered. My background is education for 14 years, clinical substance abuse therapist for 4 years, and substance abuse screenings of youth for 2 years---I had 3.8 science GPA, 4.0 in Master's program and 2.8 in undergrad and played college basketball. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks for the congrats. I really, REALLY need this. I went to a big 10 for undergrad-speech and hearing science major. My gpa was not as high as yours-3.5. For grad school I went to Washington university in st. Louis and had a 3.9 in audiology . I did a fellowship at Henry ford . For the past 5 years I've been managing a primary care practice. I think you have wonderful stats, ljmanders. I'm sure you'll get a call. My call didn't come til 5:40 yesterday evening!

Thanks for the congrats. I really, REALLY need this. I went to a big 10 for undergrad-speech and hearing science major. My gpa was not as high as yours-3.5. For grad school I went to Washington university in st. Louis and had a 3.9 in audiology . I did a fellowship at Henry ford . For the past 5 years I've been managing a primary care practice. I think you have wonderful stats, ljmanders. I'm sure you'll get a call. My call didn't come til 5:40 yesterday evening!

Thanks for the congrats. I really, REALLY need this. I went to a big 10 for undergrad-speech and hearing science major. My gpa was not as high as yours-3.5. For grad school I went to Washington university in st. Louis and had a 3.9 in audiology . I did a fellowship at Henry ford . For the past 5 years I've been managing a primary care practice. Also, I run a program for seniors who migrate to the us and are unaware of the facilities and free services available to them in their communities. I think you have wonderful stats, ljmanders. I'm sure you'll get a call. My call didn't come til 5:40 yesterday evening! Plus somewhere on this forum, I read about a student who had been a teacher for 30 years and applied as a second career and got accepted.

Archived