University of Detroit Mercy Class of 2014!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like they're a bit behind in the application process compared to past years, where other forums had interviews in late February. So hopefully we'll all get phone calls soon! I'm from the Lansing area so I would love to stay close to home for PA school and I've heard great things about UD Mercy! Good luck everyone and keep us updated :)

I emailed the program today just asking if all interviews have been given out because this is the only program I'm applying to. The response I received just said "we will begin calling applicants for interviews next week. Please be patient". I'm not sure how accurate that is considering the fact that two people here have been offered interviews, but I think that at least we can be reassured that more applicants will be called.

Congratulations to both of you who received an opportunity to interview. The rest of us have to think positive and hope there are more calls to be made. I was wondering if either of you that received interviews could share snapshot of credentials----it is so difficult to know besides GPA what the interview committee is truly looking for. Did both of you apply for 2 year program? I appreciate any information you are willing to share.

So there's two people who received phone calls yesterday, but no one else? Just wondering if I should sign off for next year if I didn't hear anything yesterday. Also wondering if it makes a difference which track you applied for meaning full-time versus their part-time program.

I applied for the two year track. Willheam, I don't think you should give up yet. They have to interview more people to have a good pool of candidates. Maybe the other people that were called are not responding here. Looking at some other discussions, people were having interviews well into March and beginning of April of last year. Good luck!

I applied for the two year track. Willheam, I don't think you should give up yet. They have to interview more people to have a good pool of candidates. Maybe the other people that were called are not responding here. Looking at some other discussions, people were having interviews well into March and beginning of April of last year. Good luck!

Hi lzdream888, yes I have completed all of them. I don't know if they give preference, but I am guessing that if you have one of the big ones like A/P missing they probably do. Statistics missing might not be as important. Or if you have everything done but Anatomy or the like and have straight A's they probably assume you'll get another A, if more of an A/B student they might be more weary. If you're in a class right now it couldn't hurt to e-mail them with your in-progress grade and your expected final grade...Good Luck!

Hi lzdream888, yes I have completed all of them. I don't know if they give preference, but I am guessing that if you have one of the big ones like A/P missing they probably do. Statistics missing might not be as important. Or if you have everything done but Anatomy or the like and have straight A's they probably assume you'll get another A, if more of an A/B student they might be more weary. If you're in a class right now it couldn't hurt to e-mail them with your in-progress grade and your expected final grade...Good Luck!

I'd guess medical ethics in progress isn't a big deal since it's not a "hard science"...they said they call people about a week before the interview so I'd expect people will be receiving calls for several weeks! People probably shouldn't start worrying until mid-April-ish I would guess...?

I'd guess medical ethics in progress isn't a big deal since it's not a "hard science"...they said they call people about a week before the interview so I'd expect people will be receiving calls for several weeks! People probably shouldn't start worrying until mid-April-ish I would guess...?

Archived