PA Student Specialty Interest Groups

Hi everyone! I am involved in PA student government at my school and I've taken on the project of starting specialty interest groups for my fellow PA students. I've already gathered data regarding which specialties everyone is interested in pursuing.

For those of you who are involved in student specialty interest groups, what exactly do you guys do when you have meetings? Do you have lectures, a hands-on activity, a group discussion? How often do you meet? We're a brand-new program, so I'm setting these up for the first time and any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!! 

PS - Sorry if this thread has already been posted elsewhere! 

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By PAstudent817923
      Hi, 

I am seeking help from my fellow PA students/previous PA students on what do to about not doing well in Anatomy. I just failed my second exam (and also failed the first one) after thinking it was going to go better the second time around. I definitely have changed my study habits since the beginning and I have felt that they have been working better, but clearly not. I have been meeting with my professor and advisor and I am still just having trouble pinpointing what I am doing that just isn’t working. I have done a lot of my own research and tried implementing other study techniques but nothing seems to be working. If you guys could please just tell me what you did to be successful, I would appreciate it so much. 
    • By Radmire
      Hi Everyone! University of Florida PA Surgical Residency is having a panel to talk about the post-graduate residency and answer any questions you may have. If you are interested in becoming a surgical PA or are interested in PA school and learning about different specialties, this would be a great way to get some of your questions answered!
      The panel is this Thursday, 10/1/2020 from 6:30-8:00pm EST. Pre-register with the link below! https://ufl.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_-mtC55QfROqsJ3kLO5TAXw
      PA Surg Res Panel flyer.pdf
    • By ChristineB
      Hi everyone!
      I am a graduating PA and am currently looking for outpatient jobs, particularly in primary care. From what I have heard and seen, many primary care clinics are going through hiring freezes, and the few positions I have seen have required 2-5 years of experience. I have applied to them anyway in case they take a look at my CV and consider me, but they have either not contacted me or told me that I do not have enough experience.
      I had a good first and second interview for an endocrine PA position. I do like endocrine, however I believe at least 90% of my time will involve working only on diabetes management. If I am offered this position--or if I am offered a position in another specialty that I do not see myself in long-term--should I take it to get experience (and a paycheck)? Should I wait it out hoping for a primary care position? If I take a specialty position will I be less desirable as a future applicant for primary care positions? The job market is difficult, generally, for any new grads, but the pandemic seems to have made things a bit harder as well. 
    • By silverstarlight
      I am currently a PA student but I love to travel (current COVID19 situation aside). Are there any countries where American trained PAs can practice that are not US government owned? Is it difficult in general to get a PA job outside the US if you work for the US government? Of course, I want to work in the US for at least a few years to pay off student loans but I am interested in this as a future prospect. If anyone has done anything like this I'd really like to hear about your experience!

Thanks!
    • By gansakc
      Dear Future MDC Class of 2023,
      Hope you are all encouraged and full of great expectations about this wonderful journey towards becoming a PA-C!
      This forum is for you to ask questions, make friends, and keep connected to the MDC PA Students during this application cycle.
      Cohortians of the three current MDC PA Classes will be available to assist and guide you in the right direction, so you can succeed.
      We are looking forward to meeting you!
      Sincerely,
      MDC Physician Assistant Student Organization (PASO) Classes of 2020, 2021 & 2022 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More