My recent interview experience

The interview is an oral test. By sharing your interview question you are sharing the questions to the test. Personally, I would not want my identity tied to what can be perceived as a virtual "cheat sheet". Perhaps I am too anal but if I was on an Adcom and found one of the applicants leaked the questions, I would slip them to the bottom of the pile.

Great blog. I might suggest not giving out the exact questions asked at a school, I don't think some of them would be particularly pleased by it. They were pretty standard, but the hypothetical situation is specific and they want people's first reaction, not their carefully crafted response.

That said, keep up the good work.

The interview is an oral test. By sharing your interview question you are sharing the questions to the test. Personally, I would not want my identity tied to what can be perceived as a virtual "cheat sheet". Perhaps I am too anal but if I was on an Adcom and found one of the applicants leaked the questions, I would slip them to the bottom of the pile.

DJ-

I will have to agree with Just Steve on this, you are taking a huge chance with the future of your acceptance in revealing the oral board questions. I would give serious thought to removing those questions from your site....other than that one minor issue, I think your site is well put together.

Good luck!

Steve,

Thank you very much for your input, the interviews are over for this application cycle. I was under the impression that they didn't ask the same questions each year or between candidates. Considering I spoke with one of the other candidates and they were not asked the same hypothetical question as myself. That is why I felt it was OK to post them. However I will gladly delete them if you think it may look bad, I certainly don't want to "give answers" to anyone about the interview. I was only wanting to give others a chance to practice some possible interview questions. What is your opinion?

Thanks for posting this!!! I read this after you made changes to the blog, but thought it was helpful regardless. I also got the book "Ultimate Guide to Getting into PA School"- so I'm glad the interview questions are helpful. I'm in Portland Oregon and planning to apply this year to Pacific and hopefully OHSU for entrance in 2013, so it was nice to hear a little more about the process and your experience. Thank you and good luck! I hope to join you there next year!

abruns,

You're welcome! I am very excited for you to apply to Pacific University! I also applied to OHSU, but didn't get accepted there. One thing I really found appealing about Pacific's program was their unique curriculum. Their program is setup in such a way to teach by 'organ system' modules (they call them Clinical Modules). Basically they teach systems like Nephrology, Hematology, Endocrinology, Dermatology ect. and they cover everything in each organ system: A&P, Pathology, physical exam, pharmacology ect.

At my interview one of the students explained why he loved the curriculum so much. He explained how he went to the free clinic one afternoon after recently finishing a clinical module. They saw a patient who complained of a sore throat (it just so happened that they just finished the ENT clinical module). The student explained that he knew how to perform a physical exam, how to diagnose the patient, and then what medications to use to treat the patient!

It got me really excited about the program, and really helped me to see how their curriculum is an awesome way to learn medicine. (I also like that they don't have grades, just a pass/fail system. It helps students to focus on learning medicine and whats best for the patient and not focusing on the perfect grades in each class.

For those who are interested:http://www.pacificu.edu/pa/programs/pasp/program/index.cfm

abruns,

You're welcome! I am very excited for you to apply to Pacific University! I also applied to OHSU, but didn't get accepted there. One thing I really found appealing about Pacific's program was their unique curriculum. Their program is setup in such a way to teach by 'organ system' modules (they call them Clinical Modules). Basically they teach systems like Nephrology, Hematology, Endocrinology, Dermatology ect. and they cover everything in each organ system: A&P, Pathology, physical exam, pharmacology ect.

At my interview one of the students explained why he loved the curriculum so much. He explained how he went to the free clinic one afternoon after recently finishing a clinical module. They saw a patient who complained of a sore throat (it just so happened that they just finished the ENT clinical module). The student explained that he knew how to perform a physical exam, how to diagnose the patient, and then what medications to use to treat the patient!

It got me really excited about the program, and really helped me to see how their curriculum is an awesome way to learn medicine. (I also like that they don't have grades, just a pass/fail system. It helps students to focus on learning medicine and whats best for the patient and not focusing on the perfect grades in each class.

For those who are interested:http://www.pacificu.edu/pa/programs/pasp/program/index.cfm

Archived