Current Students: Quality of Clinical Rotations/Sites

I am seriously considering University of Saint Francis  and am wondering where the clinical sites are and if you feel that you are learning a lot from them.  Also, how supportive do you feel the staff is in general in helping your find sites that are out of state?  Any other info you have about the program, pros and cons would be most appreciated..

• 2 months later...

Personally, Inadequate clinical sites and faculty effort to find them. For the amount of pressure and expectation the program demands of you during didactic, I feel the effort for my class in finding suitable clinical sites was subpar (let's not forget we're paying thousands of dollars to these programs). On multiple occasions students were left stranded finding their next rotation sites DAYS before they began. Various students attempted to set up their own rotations and were threatened with expulsion because they were "soliciting".

They've gone through 3 clinical coordinators. Let's hope their current coordinator actually works to find suitable clinical sites.

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2017 at 12:12 PM, FB123 said:

Personally, Inadequate clinical sites and faculty effort to find them. For the amount of pressure and expectation the program demands of you during didactic, I feel the effort for my class in finding suitable clinical sites was subpar (let's not forget we're paying thousands of dollars to these programs). On multiple occasions students were left stranded finding their next rotation sites DAYS before they began. Various students attempted to set up their own rotations and were threatened with expulsion because they were "soliciting".

They've gone through 3 clinical coordinators. Let's hope their current coordinator actually works to find suitable clinical sites.

So, by "left stranded," you mean their clinical site was not assigned and they were told to find their own?  Or they were told to wait but there was no time left so they started finding places themselves?  Isn't it a requirement that accredited schools provide clinical sites?

Archived