MEDEX Seattle Interview 11/17/2016

I live on Capitol Hill, a quick drive to the interview site. The hotel is actually near campus, and there's a main strip a few blocks away with a ton of restaurants and coffee joints. An easy walk. I haven't spent much time up there outside of attending class, but looking at nearby options, Big Time Brewery & Alehouse looks like it could be a decent option. 4133 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105. Take a look in that area & let me know if something else jumps out at you. I'm open to other suggestions.

Big Time Brewery looks like a nice spot, right across from the campus. I'm buying my ticket this weekend, so not sure yet when I'll be getting in. Hopefully we can all meet sometime before 7pm there.

I'm so stoked to see the campus though, the pictures online look amazing!

Does anyone want to share a hotel room with me? If you are a female, you are very welcome. My cellphone is 405-905-1154. I booked 16th, the price of Watertown is $165.43 that night including a tax. But if I have a company who wants to stay two nights, it will be great.  I will wait for the reply until next Tuesday on October 25th. If I do not answer the phone, please text me. 

Thank you and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I called the brewery today and we got to talking about the occasion for our reservation. I told him it was a meet up before our big day and he's a little concerned about us reserving a table and only ordering a drink or two. Apparently we aren't the only ones to plan a meet up there and request a couple tables. He suggests if we aren't all planning to eat that we go to one of the 20 different coffee shops around the area. Anyone planning to eat dinner there for sure?

Wow. Just wanted to pipe in here. That's pretty rude of a manager/owner telling a customer this. I wouldn't give that establishment your time or money. Ridiculous. Seriously.

Well, personally I wasn't *not* planning on eating dinner; just depends on where my day takes me & when I have time to squeeze a meal in along the way. I understand his concern about taking up valuable table space, but just to assume outright that we'd be a hindrance is a bit off-putting. That said, I did select the bar/restaurant because it appeared to have decent food options for anyone needing or wanting to eat there. I guess all this goes to say that I'm happy to stick with our original plan, unless people already know that they will *not* be ordering dinner. One of my favorite coffee shops, Solstice, is located along the main strip up there, and would be a good option if people were only looking for a quick meet-n-greet.

Anyone else care to weigh in?

I'm almost tempted to just say we are all planning to eat but he did say it's happened before where no one ate ppand they lost hundreds of dollars. If anything, we can just hang out and get to know each other while we wait for a table :) I'm flexible, I can eat at the bar or grab something somewhere else no problem.

I'll be logging into the forum throughout the night, so if you have trouble finding us you can just message me. See you all tonight!

How is a loss of hundreds of dollars anyone else's problem?! Weird that they would even say that... good luck tomorrow to you all! It's going to be an exhausting day. Put your best self forward and leave it all on the table!

Archived