After the Interview

In the past two months I have completed two interviews and have not heard back from either. Should I at some point contact the schools to ask for an update on my status post-interview? I know this could realistically mean they are just waiting to send rejections all at the same time. Is it suggested or is there any issue with calling for an update?

Thanks!

Some schools do all acceptances/waitlist/rejections at once after ALL interviews have been completed.  Be patient. I personally find it annoying to contact programs unless you have good reason.  Asking for updates is not a good reason.  Most programs are very clear about how they do acceptances/rejections and timelines.  

I agree with MT2PA! If you aren't sure of when you were supposed to hear back, take a look at the school's websites that you interviewed at. They usually outline a timeline of the entire application process.

Ex:

Application Due Date

Supplemental Due Date

GRE Due Date (if applicable)

Interview Dates

Offers of Acceptance 

Orientation/Start of Classes

Archived