Duke vs Yale?!

Got accepted to both, leaning towards Duke but I want to weigh in the options. Looking for any thoughts/advice please!!

Program wise I feel like they both have a lot of aspects I'm looking for (international rotations, awesome resources, full dissection etc) but I really liked Yale's interprofessional clinical experience and that they have four elective rotations instead of two. Duke's class size is a lot larger (90 instead of 40) not sure if that's an advantage or disadvantage. City wise they're both small towns but Yale is closer to bigger cities like NYC and Boston. Duke does have a pretty amazing medical center though. I'm feeling a little hesitant with Yale because if the online program gets accredited I'm scared that might tarnish the program's reputation?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated please! Thank you!!

Congratulations!! 

Have you considered factors like location (cost of living, desire to live in that area, things to do), tuition, curriculum, length of program, etc? As for your worries on Yale, I don't think the online program could ever tarnish Yale's reputation. I've yet to apply but I made an excel sheet with all the schools (yes, all 100+ of them) and had facts like length of program, tuition, location, etc. That helped me have an idea where I want to apply, so maybe it will help you. 

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Please PM me. I was also accepted to both last year. And I worked at Yale Hospital for 2 years. I can provide some insight.

Got accepted to both, leaning towards Duke but I want to weigh in the options. Looking for any thoughts/advice please!!

Program wise I feel like they both have a lot of aspects I'm looking for (international rotations, awesome resources, full dissection etc) but I really liked Yale's interprofessional clinical experience and that they have four elective rotations instead of two. Duke's class size is a lot larger (90 instead of 40) not sure if that's an advantage or disadvantage. City wise they're both small towns but Yale is closer to bigger cities like NYC and Boston. Duke does have a pretty amazing medical center though. I'm feeling a little hesitant with Yale because if the online program gets accredited I'm scared that might tarnish the program's reputation?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated please! Thank you!!

–Tapatalk for iOS–

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!! 

Have you considered factors like location (cost of living, desire to live in that area, things to do), tuition, curriculum, length of program, etc? As for your worries on Yale, I don't think the online program could ever tarnish Yale's reputation. I've yet to apply but I made an excel sheet with all the schools (yes, all 100+ of them) and had facts like length of program, tuition, location, etc. That helped me have an idea where I want to apply, so maybe it will help you. 

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Thats awesome that you took time to make something like that. Would you consider making it public for others to use? Thanks

Archived