Class of 2019

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just stayed in the cautious side and stated the only two tickets I've ever gotten in my driving history-speeding ticket (+9mph) and parking in a no parking zone. I didn't see any harm in including them. I'm sure you'll be fine. I've seen many people on here post their experiences including speeding violations and enter PA school just fine.

So while I wait to contact Wendy on Monday, did anybody ever get an offical word on the whole speeding ticket business? 

My gut is to err on the side of caution and just explain my speeding tickets. Although I cant remember the dates I got them, or the years for that matter. They all were "taken care" of by traffic school too. 

Greg,

I contacted Wendy about this earlier in the week (maybe Tuesday). I specifically asked if we are supposed to select "yes" for "convictions", even if it is only for speeding tickets. She responded "Yes, that is correct". Hope that helps clarify.

-Brandon

Anyone else here have kids?

-Greg

I do have a son, and that's actually something I asked about during my interview day. A faculty member shared that she also had a very young child while she was in PA school and that it just takes a lot of pre-planning to make it manageable. Hopefully we can get connected with some good resources in Durham for a couple of years.

Congrats to everyone that got in! I really want to get into Duke's program. Could y'all tell me what y'all's GPA and HCE was and stuff like that? I want to make myself as competitive as possible for this. I have a couple of years before I graduate from UNCC with my bachelors, but I'm 26 and choosing this over med school since I'm older. 

I will be bleeding Duke blue with you all! I can't wait for August 2017 to meet everyone and start this new chapter! I interviewed on 11/30 so I was one of the late additions to the team, I just received word on 12/5 of acceptance.

So so soooo happy for you Taylor! Thanks for your reply on my post and it's so awesome seeing y'all getting in! :) Congratulations, ya blue devil! (I shouldn't be saying that so happily as I'm a UNC student haha) I can't want to share my acceptance experience with everyone in a couple of years! 

Did ya'll get net id's?  I have my student id- but I am trying to log-in to look at the housing website that they sent us. The help desk said my student id isn't what I need, and they should give me a net id

I paid my fee and finished the paperwork this morning :)

Hey,

Trying to make payment but I have no idea what my Student ID or Student Unique ID is to login for payment. I was just accepted yesterday...am I missing something?

Hi guys!  I interviewed 11/30, and I got in!  I still can't believe it though! 

Just finished my paper work and payment!   As for all of the talk about the convictions/crime,  I don't have speeding tickets or reckless driving charges  but I have been in two minor fender benders ( one of which was my fault) , so I contacted Wendy directly she told me to just say "no". Just wanted to share that information in case anyone else is in my boat. I think the best thing to do is just ask Wendy,  she had her staff are very helpful and respond promptly.

Hi guys!  I interviewed 11/30, and I got in!  I still can't believe it though! 

Just finished my paper work and payment!   As for all of the talk about the convictions/crime,  I don't have speeding tickets or reckless driving charges  but I have been in two minor fender benders ( one of which was my fault) , so I contacted Wendy directly she told me to just say "no". Just wanted to share that information in case anyone else is in my boat. I think the best thing to do is just ask Wendy,  she had her staff are very helpful and respond promptly.

Yay! Congrats and welcome!

If you haven't done so already: Don't forget to send your payment receipt/Confirmation to paadmission@mc.duke.edu 

Then you'll get an e-mail from Wendy within 24hours (at least thats how long it took for me) welcoming you to the class and providing a link to the Facebook group. One of the admins will then accept your request to be added. 

Archived