New York - Clarkson University Applicants for Jan 2018 Start

Guest shrub

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

greetingsfuturePA and akrenner0991,

Congrats to both of you! It is such an awesome interview process.  I honestly had a blast.  Good luck to both of you :)

Thank you!!!

I am very excited, and ready for the long wait to be over!!!!

I absolutely have fallen in love with Potsdam (as far as the google shows me), and looks like it is similar weather like I get in Minnesota, so it wouldn't be so much of a culture shock, and the University appears to have everything I'm looking for in a program! 

Thank you!!!

I am very excited, and ready for the long wait to be over!!!!

I absolutely have fallen in love with Potsdam (as far as the google shows me), and looks like it is similar weather like I get in Minnesota, so it wouldn't be so much of a culture shock, and the University appears to have everything I'm looking for in a program! 

It is often cloudy, windy and wet, but the weather changes often and the transition from the cold to warm weather has seemed to be very quick, or maybe we're losing touch with the outside world, not sure. But its definitively a nice town, it doesn't have everything, but definitely more than you need to survive!

Does anyone know about how many spots are open? I believe they accept close to 30 students. I know someone earlier mentioned that they were hoping to fill about half of their seats and it just didnt happen. I am wondering why? Like if the people accepted didnt pay their seat deposit because they were accepted elsewhere. Or because the admissions committe didnt like many of the interviewees!?

• 2 weeks later...

To anyone interviewing on June 2nd- that is staying at Scottish Inn, 

I have a rental car in place, and I believe there are 2 people so far I am already gonna drive to the interview- I have a spot for 2 more people I believe if anyone needs a ride!!! 

We are also going to try and meet up for dinner/dessert the night before hand, at a restaurant TBA, and all are welcome!! :) 

Private message me if you need help! 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All:

I was planning on driving from boston but decided to splurge last-minute and fly. I'm not seeing any available cars around saranac lake, which is my only option at this point? Is anyone in that region booking a car? Cheers

I interviewed this past Saturday, and I was really impressed with their style of interview! The faculty is absolutely amazing, and so are the current students. This was definitely by far the best interview I have attended. Now, I am just praying for an acceptance. It seems like many people are informed the day after or a couple of days after. I am crossing my fingers and toes!

I interviewed this past Saturday, and I was really impressed with their style of interview! The faculty is absolutely amazing, and so are the current students. This was definitely by far the best interview I have attended. Now, I am just praying for an acceptance. It seems like many people are informed the day after or a couple of days after. I am crossing my fingers and toes!

I am right there with you lady! I am on the "active list" and am going crazy with anticipation. 

I'm glad you enjoyed the process. Hope to see you next year!

Archived