New York - Clarkson University Applicants for Jan 2018 Start

Guest shrub

akrenner0991,

I am sure you will do great and thank you :)

Good luck in June, easier said than done just be yourself and relax.  Everyone will be nervous that is expected but don't let your nerves take you over.  If you get a tough/thought provoking question, stop take a breath and then answer.  You do not have to start talking right when they stop, I can think of 3 specific questions were I stopped for a minute to think about my answer before I spoke.  I really think they appreciated that because then you come off as genuine and calm. :)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got accepted!!!!!!  I interviewed on Saturday March 4th and received the phone call Sunday the 5th.  For everyone who will be interviewing in June, you are in for a real treat.  The faculty is outstanding, the students are phenomenal and by far, it was the best interview that i had been apart of.  Congrats to cjarosz and shrub.  I am looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the 2020 class and good luck to everyone interviewing in June.  

Just got accepted!!!!!! I interviewed on Saturday March 4th and received the phone call Sunday the 5th. For everyone who will be interviewing in June, you are in for a real treat. The faculty is outstanding, the students are phenomenal and by far, it was the best interview that i had been apart of. Congrats to cjarosz and shrub. I am looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the 2020 class and good luck to everyone interviewing in June.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!????

Come on June!!!!!!!

Hey guys,

CONGRATS to thought that got accepted!!!! 

Interviewed this last weekend, I got put on the "active list". I'm a bit gutted... though, I'm not really sure what this means. Does anyone know? Do people on this "active list" not find out final decision until June when the second set of interviews are? Bit disappointing since CASPA reopens in late April. I'm reluctant to pay for application fee's while there is still (maybe) a chance that I get in? Any info would be lovely, thank you. 

Hi Yellek!

When Dr. Young presented at my interview he said those that are put on the "Active List" will be re-evaluated after/during June interviews. At least that was my understanding.  Maybe a current student would be able to give you more information, that was just how I interpreted it!  Don't feel gutted! Keep your chin up, you were selected for an interview out of almost 1900 applicants that is something to be proud of :) Good luck to you!

Hey guys,

CONGRATS to thought that got accepted!!!! 

Interviewed this last weekend, I got put on the "active list". I'm a bit gutted... though, I'm not really sure what this means. Does anyone know? Do people on this "active list" not find out final decision until June when the second set of interviews are? Bit disappointing since CASPA reopens in late April. I'm reluctant to pay for application fee's while there is still (maybe) a chance that I get in? Any info would be lovely, thank you.

I'm not sure when you interviewed, but I interviewed on Saturday and I was talking to one of the current students who, initially, was placed on the active list who got in after the June interviews. I know that they wanted to fill half the class with these first two interview dates but to be honest I don't think they did. I know that from my group interview group of 9 only 3 of us were selected, which sounded like that was on par with the other interview groups. Stay positive and know that there is still a real chance of getting in. Good luck.

I'm not sure when you interviewed, but I interviewed on Saturday and I was talking to one of the current students who, initially, was placed on the active list who got in after the June interviews. I know that they wanted to fill half the class with these first two interview dates but to be honest I don't think they did. I know that from my group interview group of 9 only 3 of us were selected, which sounded like that was on par with the other interview groups. Stay positive and know that there is still a real chance of getting in. Good luck.

WOW! Thank you. That was WAY more detail than I was expecting to find. Really really nice to hear.

I don't mean this to be rude, but how did you find all those stats out? Did they tell you when you got the acceptance call?

No problem.  To be honest i just asked.  when i got my acceptance call i asked if anyone from my group got in as well and thats when they told me about what they were aiming to do with the first two interview dates.  I hope this info did help.  

For anyone that has been accepted or received an interview can you please tell me what your stats are? I have a 3.4 cumulative gpa, 3.2 science gpa, 1600 hours (ER scribing, phlebotomy), GRE verbal 147 quant 150, and AW 4.0. I'm just so anxious if I'm going to get an interview or not. If you could, that would help out the nerves a lot! Thanks :)

For anyone that has been accepted or received an interview can you please tell me what your stats are? I have a 3.4 cumulative gpa, 3.2 science gpa, 1600 hours (ER scribing, phlebotomy), GRE verbal 147 quant 150, and AW 4.0. I'm just so anxious if I'm going to get an interview or not. If you could, that would help out the nerves a lot! Thanks :)

Hey there,

My stats were similar. My GPAs were a bit lower, but my last 30ish units (most of which were the pre-requs) was in 3.9.  My hours are about 1300 as a CNA, GRE 156 verbal, 153 quant, AW 4.0. It is really hard to know what they look for to be honest. I think they look a lot at the "soft stuff" such as your personal statement, LOR, and secondary essay. As they said on their website, they want people that are balanced. 

Best of luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I'm currently a first year student at Clarkson (and I'm sure I met a few of you if you interviewed on March 3rd). Congratulations to those of you who have received your acceptance calls! If you did not get the good news, keep your heads up and keep applying!

If you guys have any questions, feel free to reach out. I know how gruelling the process can be and I know it might help to have some questions answered before applying/interviewing. Best of luck to all of you!

Hey everyone!

I'm currently a first year student at Clarkson (and I'm sure I met a few of you if you interviewed on March 3rd). Congratulations to those of you who have received your acceptance calls! If you did not get the good news, keep your heads up and keep applying!

If you guys have any questions, feel free to reach out. I know how gruelling the process can be and I know it might help to have some questions answered before applying/interviewing. Best of luck to all of you!

I see you.... :D

As cjhodgson5 said, I'm a first student as well. If you have any questions you can PM me here, I'll do my best to answer them

I see you.... :D

As cjhodgson5 said, I'm a first student as well. If you have any questions you can PM me here, I'll do my best to answer them

Hi Dabba and jhodgson5,

Thank you for offering your insight! I posted here earlier about "active status" and what that means. I interviewed in March and got placed on this list. Do you know how many people in your class, or other classes, made it off of this list? How many people tend to be placed on this list? I intend to do a number of things (more PC hours, retake the GRE etc.) and do my best to improve my application in the faculties eyes, hopefully. Do you know if people can go from "active" to accepted before June interviews? The email that was sent was very vague and the timeline even more vague. Any information would be great! I've been on a mad hunt for peace of mind!

Hi Dabba and jhodgson5,

Thank you for offering your insight! I posted here earlier about "active status" and what that means. I interviewed in March and got placed on this list. Do you know how many people in your class, or other classes, made it off of this list? How many people tend to be placed on this list? I intend to do a number of things (more PC hours, retake the GRE etc.) and do my best to improve my application in the faculties eyes, hopefully. Do you know if people can go from "active" to accepted before June interviews? The email that was sent was very vague and the timeline even more vague. Any information would be great! I've been on a mad hunt for peace of mind!

Hey yellek,

I can't speak much on behalf of anyone placed on "active status" because I'm not sure who in our class had that status. Maybe "dabba" would know? 

I can say that padding the CV/resume is a good idea. They want to see that you are willing to put in the work in order to get where you want to be. Any other interviews lined up?

Hey yellek,

I can't speak much on behalf of anyone placed on "active status" because I'm not sure who in our class had that status. Maybe "dabba" would know? 

I can say that padding the CV/resume is a good idea. They want to see that you are willing to put in the work in order to get where you want to be. Any other interviews lined up?

Unfortunately not at the moment. I am still waiting to hear back from one other school. This is my first year applying. Would be over the moon to get into Clarkson though!!! I'm hoping I am still kind of in the game as "active" listed. Trying to be hopeful but realistic. 

Unfortunately not at the moment. I am still waiting to hear back from one other school. This is my first year applying. Would be over the moon to get into Clarkson though!!! I'm hoping I am still kind of in the game as "active" listed. Trying to be hopeful but realistic. 

I do not have any insight either as we aren't really involved in that sort of behind the scenes work. But, as far as the active list, you'll be in competition with the other candidates in the June interviews, so padding your application would be wise, if not for a second application if needed. Just make sure whatever you do, be it GRE, shadowing hours, or anything else, you call or email and update so they know. At the most very least it can't hurt.

Do you know how much Clarkson admissions really cares about the GRE? I was told by Melissa that I have high GPAs, excellent health care experience, and that my letters of recommendation speak very highly of me. She said that I have average GRE scores. I'm just worried that these are going to compromise my chance at getting an interview. I hope your first year at PA studies is treating you well :)

Do you know how much Clarkson admissions really cares about the GRE? I was told by Melissa that I have high GPAs, excellent health care experience, and that my letters of recommendation speak very highly of me. She said that I have average GRE scores. I'm just worried that these are going to compromise my chance at getting an interview. I hope your first year at PA studies is treating you well :)

If she gave you that advice I would not worry. My GRE was just about average if not slightly above, and my GPA was crap. It sounds like you're fine on paper, so I would say it's up to your supplemental essay.

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement! I have taken the GRE 3 times and have gotten the same verbal score each time, around a 147 :( I just hope I get an interview at Clarkson. I had an interview at Upstate, rocked it, but unfortunately did not get in

I'm not sure when the June invites go out, keep an eye on this thread though, I'm sure it will be more active when that happens!

Thanks so much. I will! Hopefully that will be soon haha. How did you cope with every minute of the application cycle consuming your life?

Try not to think about it honestly. I applied twice and it was a major stressor in my life tbh, but everyone is different. I'd say try to enjoy life, hang out with friends, do things that you want to do while always bettering yourself for the next years cycle in case you need to re-apply, because once you get in you will have no time and no life to do anything! haha

Try not to think about it honestly. I applied twice and it was a major stressor in my life tbh, but everyone is different. I'd say try to enjoy life, hang out with friends, do things that you want to do while always bettering yourself for the next years cycle in case you need to re-apply, because once you get in you will have no time and no life to do anything! haha

Thanks so so much! This is my second time applying but the first time I applied, I wasn't really ready. This is my first time applying to Clarkson. I just didn't think applying to PA school would be this competitive! I'm doing puzzles and reading books to keep my mind sane haha

Archived