• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!! I just wanted to confirm that PA club hours haven't resumed yet? I know someone said they would post here after they got started up again but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Club hours have resumed. Thursday's at 12:30 in Harris hall [emoji4]

I've heard absolutely nothing from this school :/ I called today and the woman I spoke to told me that the admissions committee hasn't started looking through apps yet for II. They expect we should hear something late March/early April. Seems so late in the cycle. Good luck to all! 

Hi friends, I'd like to ask some questions if there's anyone out there to help. I couldn't find this information on their website.

I've noticed in the previous threads that some students have been held back a year and asked to "redo." Why is this? Should this be a concern in terms of how well equipped the school is able to handle supporting their students? What is the attrition rate like?

What is the PANCE pass rate like?(*edit: I see PANCE rate scores are included here.https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/sites/default/files/ReportRenderPage.pdf ) Are students allowed to take the PANCE as soon as the graduate, or does this school ask you to wait until you're ready?

How do the current students enjoy their rotations? Do they give them many choices as to where to go? Is it typical for students to be able to network and find jobs within their rotations?

Any information would be useful! Thanks

With regards to "redoing" a year, we call it a prescription year. When someone fails a course they are asked to repeat the course and continue on with the next class. Some people take a leave due to personal/medical reasons and continue on with the next class.

Class of 2017...I believe 11 have taken the PANCE and all 11 passed so far. Others are still studying.

Students can take the pance soon after graduation. It's up to the student when they want to take it.

During clinicals we rotate though Hospitals like Harlem, woodhull, Montefiore, interfaith as well as smaller clinics and offices. We do not chose where we are placed, it is a random placement.

With regards to jobs....I haven't heard of anyone not finding a job after graduation. Some find positions during rotations.

Hope this helps

I got a call from the school yesterday but wasn't able to answer since I was at work. I tried calling back but it's not a direct number. Does anyone have a good contact number? I didn't get a voicemail or email so I'm not sure what the call was about

I got a missed call yesterday too but I have no idea if it's from the school.....

I got a call from the school yesterday but wasn't able to answer since I was at work. I tried calling back but it's not a direct number. Does anyone have a good contact number? I didn't get a voicemail or email so I'm not sure what the call was about

The same thing happened to me last week. I called the number [(212) 650 7000] back and it brought me to the main directory of CCNY. So I called this instead (212) 650 7745, turned out they were inviting me for an interview! Could be worth the call back ~

The same thing happened to me last week. I called the number [(212) 650 7000] back and it brought me to the main directory of CCNY. So I called this instead (212) 650 7745, turned out they were inviting me for an interview! Could be worth the call back ~

thanks i'll try that number. when are you interviewing?

i received a call for an interview tomorrow April 5! I'm trying to prepare as much as I can but I have a few questions: Is this a group or individual interview? How many people usually get invited for an interview + how many of those tend to get accepted? Is there anything I should prepare? I'm just so nervous and hoping it all goes well. 

Interview are individual, not group. Expect to be there for a few hours.

Last year 2000+ applications were received. Approximately 150-200 were interviewed (I think, not sure)

There are typically 35 seats for each cycle.

Be yourself but be professional. Never lie during the interview. And be prepared to discuss your application including why you are choosing this program.

Good luck everyone.

Hi. So my interview went very well (at least I hope so) and there were about 20-30 of us that day for interviews. I was told to expect an answer in about 2 weeks but I also heard interviews would still be happening for 2-3 more weeks so I'm not exactly sure when we'll hear back

Archived