Thank you cards....keep it professional?

Put it this way: You'll either hit a home-run or strike out depending on their personalities. If that's who you are and that's your personality, it would be a good way to make them remember you! Think about all the same old stationary they'll be getting...but, I do have an affection for post-cards, so maybe its just a personal bias. I'm sure others will say its suicide etc, but do what is YOU. I doubt they'll deny admission because you sent them an interesting post-card. That's just my opinion. At the program I was accepted at, I didn't even send a card because it was known that decisions would be made that night after the interview, and cards wouldn't have much clout to the decision making process.

Etiquette-wise, I'd prob say that's a no-go. In pracitcality, I imagine it depends on what you write on it. I think you could make it work if you kept the content professional. Regardless, you aren't going to be denied a spot based on your TY card.

Also, the intent should be to genuinely thank your interviewers and the staff, not to sway favor.

Archived