ROLL CALL... Introductions (First Post)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recently retired from the United States Navy with 23 yrs, 6 mo, 20 days :smile:

Enlisted in 1988, went to Corps School in GLAKES, on to Resp Therapy school,

NavHosp Long Beach CA, USNS Comfort for Desert Shield/Storm, USS Racine (LST),

Instructor Corps School GLAKES, field medical service school Camp Pendleton,

PA school (IPAP class 1-99), Commissioned in 2001 suffered the "butter-bar" BS at NavHosp Twentynine Palms (aka the stumps),

USS Theodore Roosevelt-CVN 71, BHC Whiting Field in Pensacola Fl, EMF Kuwait at Camp Buehering, Al Asad Iraq w/ 2nd MAW.

Proud of my service but my sea-daddy chief said "you'll know when it's time to go"...

I hit that point and now looking forward to learning how to adapt all of my military experience and 10 yrs as an AD PA in the civilian medical business world ...

Confident about clinical skills, but lost on all the business side of things.. Making CVs, negotiating compensation, billing issues, reimbursements, malpractice insurance ... YIKES.. things I never had to think about before.

Hope this site will be a useful resource as a transitioning PA.

post-15397-137934850592_thumb.jpg

Edited by hum1doug

US Navy Chaplain Corps, LTJG

2005-2007

Served the Marine Corps- Camp LeJeune, Camp Devil Dog, Camp Geiger, Camp Johnson

Highly interested in the IPAP program. However, I am now a civilian (police officer in D.C.). Trying to figure out how to get back into the military for this program. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hello everyone,

I am feeling pretty humbled by the extent of service I've read about here. I served four years in the Air Force, a dental tech., 4Y051 I think. : ) My enlistment ended in '98, since then I have gone back to school and earned an AAS in Radiologic Science and after taking x-rays for a while, I have decided to give PA school a shot. I am still pre-PA, this has been my first application cycle. My husband's military service is more impressive than mine, 27 years in the Air Force, retired E-9. Thank you all for your service to our great country.

Edited by theshandan
wrong year!

• 3 months later...

HOOOAAHHH!!

Fran Scott

12Y* - headed to reclass to 68W** later this month.

7 Active years - 5 National Guard years

Been to:

Camp Howze, Korea (2nd to NONE!!)

Fort Bragg, NC

- Kuwait

- Ireland

Peterson AFB (with Army Space Command)

- Iraq

- Mexico

NC National Guard

- Iraq

DoD Contractor

- Afghanistan

*I came in as an 81T - topographic analyst (use to be Cartographer), then MOS Changed to 21U, now 12Y Geospatial Engineer (for those of you going wtf?!)

** 68W is the former 91W (Medic)

HOOOAAHHH!!

Fran Scott

12Y* - headed to reclass to 68W** later this month.

7 Active years - 5 National Guard years

Been to:

Camp Howze, Korea (2nd to NONE!!)

Fort Bragg, NC

- Kuwait

- Ireland

Peterson AFB (with Army Space Command)

- Iraq

- Mexico

NC National Guard

- Iraq

DoD Contractor

- Afghanistan

*I came in as an 81T - topographic analyst (use to be Cartographer), then MOS Changed to 21U, now 12Y Geospatial Engineer (for those of you going wtf?!)

** 68W is the former 91W (Medic)