CALIFORNIA: University of La Verne 2016-2017

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was also asked to write a letter and send it to paprogram@laverne.edu. We can write about why we chose ULV over other PA programs, what we like about the program, and basically tell them about our positive experience with the faculty and program. Anything positive would be appreciated. These letters are going to help them with any next step that they will be taking. The sooner the letters are in, the better. Please inform any other students that you know that were accepted or on the alternate list! 

I was also asked to write a letter and send it to paprogram@laverne.edu. We can write about why we chose ULV over other PA programs, what we like about the program, and basically tell them about our positive experience with the faculty and program. Anything positive would be appreciated. These letters are going to help them with any next step that they will be taking. The sooner the letters are in, the better. Please inform any other students that you know that were accepted or on the alternate list! 

This doesn't sound very reassuring.

Any idea what time the meeting is taking place today?

This doesn't sound very reassuring.

Any idea what time the meeting is taking place today?

These letters are essentially a chance to show non-PA and PA board members what our thoughts are and why we believe that ULV is capable of having its own PA program. I will be writing to them today. I was told our voices do matter as students that were chosen. I hope that everyone that is affected by this does write to them because there is a possibility that we can make a difference.

These letters are essentially a chance to show non-PA and PA board members what our thoughts are and why we believe that ULV is capable of having its own PA program. I will be writing to them today. I was told our voices do matter as students that were chosen. I hope that everyone that is affected by this does write to them because there is a possibility that we can make a difference.

I will definitely be compiling a letter and will send it over today as well, despite not actually have been personally requested to make one. 

I'm hoping we are all updated as some point today/tonight.

No, i think we are just the accepted students.

I only ask because my interview group was all ULV alumni, and I figured that they may want student opinion who already understand the ULV community and the need for healthcare providers for the LA and San Bernardino Counties.

I only ask because my interview group was all ULV alumni, and I figured that they may want student opinion who already understand the ULV community and the need for healthcare providers for the LA and San Bernardino Counties.

I was born and raised in the community. Have always been local. I can try to incorporate some of that in my letter I suppose

I'm on the waitlist, so I wasn't asked to write a letter. I wonder if it would be weird if I sent a letter anyway?

I  wasn't asked to write a letter either, but i'm writing one. You should too if you have the time, I think it's a good idea:)

I just sent my detailed email to the school email, which is accessible by the school's non-PA administration as well. 

And yes! I believe it's a good idea to write a letter if you are on the wait list as well. You are on the waitlist for a reason, rather than being denied the opportunity! I was asked to write a letter because I asked what I can do for the next potential step in this process. So I believe anyone affected by this should invest some of their time into it. 

I spoke with Laura. 

Obviously its still early to make any final decisions or give a solid answer. She did state that the staff is going through daily meetings with higher-ups and other executives to determine the best course of action. It seems like an eternity, but she did mention that we should be getting an official email or notice with further details either by Friday or sometime next week.

The only definitive piece of optimism I was able to get is that President Lieberman released a campus-wide message that the university is still on board with supporting the PA curriculum in their efforts on moving forward.

Spoke to Ms. Cantrell,

They won't be appealing and they are anticipating having the first cohort to start in 2019.

I asked about our seats and she says they do not know yet.

Thank you for the update!

This is definitely unfortunate... That is quite a while away from now. Did she mention why until 2019?

Archived