CALIFORNIA: University of La Verne 2016-2017

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone think that if they apply again next year, and receive accreditation that we they will grant seats to students who were accepted this year, in the case that we reapply?

That is a good question.  Ask if they will treat an acceptance as a deferred admission.  You might also ask directly what their deficiencies for accreditation are--that will give you a good idea about how likely they are to reapply and a reasonable time to remedy it.

I received an email response back with the following from the PA Program as I inquired what their intentions are as far as reapplying and if they were to gain accreditation will those who got accepted this year be deferred and offered a seat, and what their descrepancies were, this is what they had to say:

"Currently, institutional officials are working through a process to determine the best plan moving forward. Options include an appeal process or re-application. Once a game plan is determined, we will announce it on our web site. As for future opportunity, dependent on the process that is adopted, further discussions will take place regarding admissions and admission standings.

The entire PA team is working diligently and is looking forward to future success."

They did not address specifically what the discrepancies were.

I received an email response back with the following from the PA Program as I inquired what their intentions are as far as reapplying and if they were to gain accreditation will those who got accepted this year be deferred and offered a seat, and what their descrepancies were, this is what they had to say:

"Currently, institutional officials are working through a process to determine the best plan moving forward. Options include an appeal process or re-application. Once a game plan is determined, we will announce it on our web site. As for future opportunity, dependent on the process that is adopted, further discussions will take place regarding admissions and admission standings.

The entire PA team is working diligently and is looking forward to future success."

They did not address specifically what the discrepancies were.

I had the similar (almost exact) response from Dr. Estrada. This is really heartbreaking. I don't understand how the appeal process is going to work... will it be for this year or next? During the interview process they seemed very confident that they would get accredited e.g. constructing a new building. 

Vk209: I am really interested to hear what their discrepancies were. I thought the same thing in that I thought everything was going smoothly and they would get their accreditation and just as you said they seemed confident they were.

Hm36: Thank you for taking the time to look up that info and for sharing the link.

Lulu11: No worries. I had been accepted to the program and thought that accreditation would not be a problem for this program. I was told that they will give more information to us next week or so. So I guess we will wait and see what they will do from here on out. I am hoping for the best.

Hm36: I read that as well. But I'm not getting my hopes up anymore.

lulu11: Yeah same here. They tiptoed around it with the email response. 

I really hope that the Deans or other non-PA Administration does not decide to cut their losses and scrap the whole PA project. I am hoping & praying that they actually appeal the process. 

Hm36: I read that as well. But I'm not getting my hopes up anymore.

lulu11: Yeah same here. They tiptoed around it with the email response. 

I really hope that the Deans or other non-PA Administration does not decide to cut their losses and scrap the whole PA project. I am hoping & praying that they actually appeal the process. 

I spoke with the Dean today, and I asked him if they would continue to pursue the PA program by reapplying, and he sounded assured that they would want to adopt this program still. 

Also, I inquired about deferred admission status if the program were to become accredited next year (or even by January?), and he said that they have a meeting tomorrow regarding the accreditation status to find out what happened, and they will discuss this further. From what he explained, they can't guarantee a deferred admission until they find out what the issue with accreditation was. Such as, if there were problems with the admissions requirements or curriculum design (which may be dependent on admissions status-- are students prepared for what is anticipated? etc). 

The Dean mentioned that an email should be coming out this week or next week with further information for students that were accepted about what happened and what to expect from here on out. He also welcomed us to call him if we have additional questions. 

Fingers crossed for a successful appeal or deferred admission status for this program.

Archived