CALIFORNIA: University of La Verne 2016-2017

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know how many people they put on the alternate list? And if it is for sure different than the waitlist? Most schools do accepted, alternate, waitlist, and rejected. I was also placed as an alternate, so I am trying to get an idea of where I am on the list. 

Does anyone know how many people they put on the alternate list? And if it is for sure different than the waitlist? Most schools do accepted, alternate, waitlist, and rejected. I was also placed as an alternate, so I am trying to get an idea of where I am on the list. 

The alternate list is going to work the same as the waitlist. 

Congrats to everyone that's been accepted! Looking forward to hopefully joining you guys ;) I was placed on the alternate list, as well. I wonder how many people are on alternate and how the movement will be like. Has anyone gotten more information about the alternate list??

So I inquired about some information for the alternate list. This is part of the response I got:

"An alternate has the potential of being selected into the class up to the week of class which is June 5. There is not a ranking system for alternates. You are in a general pool with the possibility of being called up at any moment once a seat opens up. We have selected 20 alternates for the pool."

they finally updated their web site as follows: 

"Accreditation Status Updates:  University of La Verne’s PA program was on the March 2017 agenda for accreditation review by ARC-PA. After speaking with our accreditation body official this week, we were informed that a response about accreditation statuses will be disseminated to all programs on the March agenda, 4 to 5 weeks after their meeting date. Our expected response from the ARC-PA is early to mid April.

Thank you for your patience!"

Archived