Has anyone ever done an elective rotation at MD Anderson?

I am very interested in applying but so far all of the housing options are more than $1000 a month (plus the rent I already pay for my apartment by my school). I am trying to weigh the price vs the benefits and experiences that I could gain at MD Anderson.

Any advice would be appreciated!

• 3 years later...

I know this is super old, but I am also interested. Did anyone by chance PM you directly w/ info?

Anyone else since completed one? If so, can you share about what sort of PA studetn you were (top of the class? middle of the pack?) as I'm trying to figure out if it'll be worth my time applying if I'm not at the top of my class (I'm a middle-of-the-pack kinda student, it seems)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By KevinFNF
      Looking for Physician Assistants for an Online Research Study sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
      The topic of the study will be about practices and opinions regarding disease prevention, screening, and identification
      The study will be done as a 60 minute online interview, and pays $275
      *Must be a Physician Assistant in California
      To qualify, click on the link below
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JGQB6R9
    • By PA1016
      Hi!
      I am looking for a PA to shadow in the Houston area.
    • By ssammyy
      If this has already been asked, I apologize. I could not find a thorough post. Any recommendations/advice/comments (good or bad) would be really appreciated! 
      Does anyone have any advice on an ICU clinical rotation? Or advice on working as a PA in ICU/critical care? Any recommendation on books/resources to use as a student on rotation? Any current or previous ICU/critical care PA: is it difficult to find a job in ICU/critical care? Is a fellowship recommended or required?
    • By pa-to-be
      Hi there,
      I have my 2nd interview for an inpatient GI position coming up. It sounds like a good step for me coming from family practice/ geriatrics. can someone tell me what day to day inpatient service is like? What are challenges I might not be aware of ahead of time? what are good resources to study? 
      thanks TW
    • By UnconfidentnewGrad
      Hello!
      I am a new grad PA and I start a job in a month for a GI consulting service. I will spend 3 weeks of the month in the hospital doing consults, rounding, dictating notes and 1 week in clinic. I did a rotation in GI during school, but it was all outpatient Hepatology with a day a week in a general GI clinic. So I don't feel super prepared to go to the consulting service right now.
      Can any GI PAs recommend any books/resources that you found helpful for hospital work? It would be greatly appreciated!! I found a book online called: Textbook of Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2nd Edition--- It is quite pricy-- 250$.... But it if it useful I will buy it.

Please any advice is appreciated!! 
      Thanks!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More