Sign in to follow this  
kmb5662

Questions on Geisinger

I am a soon to be new grad currently in the NYC area looking at jobs in the NYC area as well as back in my home state of Pennsylvania. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to how they like working for Geisinger (salary, benefits, work load, etc.) I know the salary in PA isn't so great, but the pay here in NYC isn't much better, especially when you look at the cost of living. If I get a job through Geisinger I could live at home and put a large chunk of my salary towards paying off my loans. I am mainly interested in Emergency Medicine (if they even hire new grads?) and Hospitalist positions. Thanks! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By PAC1234
      Hey guys, thanks in advance for your input. 
      I am renegotiating my contract at a FP location in WV. I have been here 3 years. Was hired in 2016 with a 3 year contract. I was hired as a new grad and started at a base salary of $80,000 with $1000 pay raise yearly for 3 years. I have a bonus structure of 25% bonus of receipts over 28,000 monthly.
      Benefits: 401K match, paid health insurance, disability, malpractice, $1500 CME, 25 days PTO as well as major holidays off. I do take call via phone 1 out of every 6 weeks but it is built into my salary. 
      New contract offer is for 5% raise yearly for the next 3 years: so starting in June my salary would be $86,100, then 90,405, then 3rd year 94,925. Would keep same benefits and bonus structure. 
      I know the salary is a little low for the average but since my office pays my husband and I's health insurance (around $12,000/yr) I feel like I can't press much more. 
      Just wanted to see what others thought before we have an actual sit down meeting about it. 
    • By cboylb
      Anyone have an idea of the average urgent care salary/hourly wage in Ohio or surrounding areas? Is Zip Recruiter accurate?
    • By cboylb
      Anybody know what the average salary/hourly wage is for urgent care work in Ohio? Is the data on Zip Recruiter reliable?
    • By boomboompaopao
      Hello All,

Our Cardiothoracic Surgery Group at St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa, Florida is looking to add another PA. We currently have 3 Surgeons and 4 PA's. Salary is based on experience. If you or anyone you know may be interested, feel free to shoot me an email. Thanks!

Paolo Calizo, PA-C
      paopaocali@gmail.com
    • By boomboompaopao
      Hello All,

Our Cardiothoracic Surgery Group at St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa, Florida is looking to add another PA. We currently have 3 Surgeons and 4 PA's. Salary is based on experience. If you or anyone you know may be interested, feel free to shoot me an email. Thanks!

Paolo Calizo, PA-C
      paopaocali@gmail.com

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More