Class of 2019 Hopefuls

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!

I'm new to applying. This is my first cycle.  I wanted to bring forward my stats and would like to hear some feedback as far as where I would stand. 

Graduation Date: April 2014

University: Oakland University (Rochester, MI)

Major: Bachelors of Health Sciences with concentration in Integrative Holistic Medicine

Pre-Req GPA: 3.6/3.7

Nutrition- 3.8

Medical Law/ Ethics- In Progress

Statistics- 3.0

Advanced Human Physiology- 4.0

Clinical Microbiology- 3.9

Developmental/ Lifespan Psychology- 3.7 

Overal CASPA GPA: 3.12

Patient Contact Hours: 3,900 (paid, Certified Nursing Assistant)

Healthcare Experience: Dental Office Manager, Care Management Administration

Shadowing Hours: ~70 (Trauma, Surgical Service, Rapid Response, and Neurology) 

Letters of Reccomendation: 1 from Neurology PA (I work with her on my hospital unit), 1 from a Derm/GI PA (I volunteered at her clinic in Chicago), 1 from my unit manager, and 1 from a professor (professor for my biochem/pathology courses, conducts breast cancer research at OU). 

Extra Curricular:

Pre-PA Society, Vice President (Oakland University)

Keep Detroit Beautiful, Brand Ambassador (Detroit, MI) 

Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, Executive Board Member, Volunteer Coordinator

Gamma Phi Beta, Recruitment/ Chapter Advisor (Beta Chapter- University of Michigan) 

GRE: I had a low GRE the first time I took it.... but I am retaking it in the next few months. 

Any recommendations for me? I am currently taking a few courses just to keep up with my studies. I currently work at the hospital, volunteer, and am prepping for a mission trip in December. 

Please feel free to give me any tough love!

Thanks!

Hi all! I'm a PA student at Detroit Mercy, feel free to email me (murawsjn@udmercy.edu) or Snapchat me @jamienicole3x or Reddit PM @jamienicole3x if you have any questions. [i was also accepted to GVSU (that's my alma mater for my Bachelor's)].

Good luck to you all, and most importantly... enjoy the wait! You won't hear anything at all from UDM until March or so. Then it's pretty quick, you'll have an admissions decision by April!

• 2 months later...

Hi all! I'm a PA student at Detroit Mercy, feel free to email me (murawsjn@udmercy.edu) or Snapchat me @jamienicole3x or Reddit PM @jamienicole3x if you have any questions. [i was also accepted to GVSU (that's my alma mater for my Bachelor's)].

Good luck to you all, and most importantly... enjoy the wait! You won't hear anything at all from UDM until March or so. Then it's pretty quick, you'll have an admissions decision by April!

Hi Jamie! 

I was wondering if you knew how many total interviews they do? Also, if this is all on one date or multiple?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived